Kite's Circuit Sword screen issue

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Beanz0874

Kite's Circuit Sword screen issue

Post by Beanz0874 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:15 pm

I recently received 2 Circuit Swords and currently have been in the process of building in between work and my days off, for those who purchase these items, you know that the boards come with the 320X240 displays. Just to note with my order I did purchase 1 - 640X480 display.

I've done as much research as I possibly could and finally got to the point where i felt comfortable to start my build. Using Kite's Git hub "How to set up the Circuit sword" I went step by step. Then I got to step 12, the step prior was not an issue as I've done it quite a few times with my TinkerBoy setup and the many mintyPis' ive built, so flashing an SD card was not hard.

After flashing the SD and setting up the config txt into MODE=TESTER, I inserted the SD into the board and turned on power. The board turns on normally however, the screen did not. I checked to make sure the LCD was plugged in all the way and it was and the connector was secured, I made sure the config cs file enabled the LCD I was using (320X240), so since I had an extra I attempted again with a different LCD - same issue. So I figured OK, it must be the FCP connector for the LCD, IT HAPPENS.

I attempted on the second Circuit Sword that I purchased, same issue. The LCDs aren't receiving power, no backlight, no image at all. so I have 2 Circuit Swords that operate properly from step 1 to 11 on the Git hub guide but do not power the LCDs. I had a few additional LQ035NC111 LCDs on hand from past builds and attempted with those as well. Nothing. The boards operate fine and the activity LED flashes indicating the boards are indeed working, For some reason beyond me the CM3+ doesn't boot properly in the board, the activity LED just stays on (no flashing) so I stuck with the provided CM3s'.

I have tried many number of possible combinations to get them to work, I have attempted with '5' 320X240 LCDs, I have formatted and flashed 16GB, 32GB and 128GB SD cards, I've tried the BL BOOST method and attempted with the 1 - 640X480 that I have and I'm sure the battery polarity is proper, I purchased Helder's MegaBat because he clearly states that the polarity is set for the Circuit Swords in mind.

I apologize for the long draft here, I'm just at the point of frustration where I feel like giving up and I just want to be thorough for anyone who sees this. If anyone has had this issue and/or has a fix for it I would very much appreciate some feedback, Thank you for your time.

Retrobob

Re: Kite's Circuit Sword screen issue

Post by Retrobob » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:59 am

I have this same issue, following step by step on the wiki. I haven't gone as far as formatting different SD cards, but I have noticed another person on the forum with the same issue. Any insight/success you have would be great to hear.

Beanz0874

Post by Beanz0874 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:35 pm

No success on my part unfortunately.. i'm currently in an email conversation with Kite. I'll update with news if I get any!

aviat0rshades

Post by aviat0rshades » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:49 pm

Beanz0874 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:35 pm
No success on my part unfortunately.. i'm currently in an email conversation with Kite. I'll update with news if I get any!
Have you actually been able to get ahold of him? Where you able to get any help on this? I have one that is doing the exact same thing. Tried to email him awhile back and never heard back from him. Got back into it today and swapped out SD cards and even a new CM3+. I still can't get the thing to boot up properly. Just has a blank screen.