DPI display brightness control

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
pbharrell

DPI display brightness control

Post by pbharrell » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:31 pm

Just as I am putting the finishing touches on the build I've been working on and off for oh so many months at this point... another hiccup.

As of now, I have a working Gameboy Zero with a gorgeous and responsive DPI display (huge thanks to TinkerBOY and everybody else who helped along the way). I 3d printed a dummy game cartridge and glued a button into it for changing the brightness with help from this guide:
https://www.tinkerboy.xyz/tinkerboy-dpi ... s-control/

The script is installed (you have to install the proper libraries manually to get it to work btw) and the brightness cycles at the press of the button! But whenever I boot into a game now, I have slow load times, no audio and really bad lag. I rebooted and didn't run the script, and the thing works as it should again. I reboot again with the script running as a sanity check, and the lag problem is still there.

I can't find the code for tinkerBOY's compiled script on his github, so I cannot even try to edit it. If you know why this might be happening/what I can do to fix it, could you let me know what I am missing?