"BW" Screen Support (Innolux Variant?)

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
will

"BW" Screen Support (Innolux Variant?)

Post by will » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:16 am

Hi all,

I recently ordered a BW screen from Amazon UK. I hope to put it into my Pi Zero-based handheld. I'm having a bit of trouble with it though.

Despite it being listed on Amazon UK as a BW screen, and from the outside it looks like one, I'm having a hard time figuring out what board revision I have, as it looks most similar to an "Innolux Board" although not identical. It maintains the same board colour and general layout, although some components are in slightly different positions. The component layout slightly differs on the right hand side of the board below the button connector, maybe a new revision? I haven't had much luck finding my particular board revision (Compare attatched images). I'm no expert so I'm not sure whether I should perform the Innolux mod or not.

As I'm new to this type of thing, I have two questions, sorry if they're stupid ones.

1. Does anyone have any experience with this particular board/is it safe to perform the same mod as seen on the Innolux board despite their slight differences?

2. I also noticed that some had issues with the Innolux producing static images. Someone mentioned connecting pin 3 straight to the Pi rather than bridging it to VCC, I also read about removing said chip entirely. Any tips on this and is there a definitive "best way" to get this fella running off of 5v without image issues?

If anyone can help me out with this that would be great, cheers

Innolux Mod
https://www.sudomod.com/wiki/index.php/ ... lux-5v.jpg

My board
img1.jpg
img1.jpg (121.87 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
Innolux
img2.jpg
img2.jpg (116.04 KiB) Viewed 2071 times

Jamespeter212

Re: "BW" Screen Support (Innolux Variant?)

Post by Jamespeter212 » Sat May 01, 2021 3:39 pm

So 3rd from the right ? Can’t really tell what ones bridged