Joystick Help Thread

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
BlueberryPhazon

Re: Joystick Help Thread

Post by BlueberryPhazon » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:34 am

Norantio wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:21 pm
Had to take a break around the holidays but back in now. About to start testing them!
Any luck with these? I only recently had the genius idea to use the c stick so I'm glad someone else already has the ball rolling

seesalt

Post by seesalt » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:24 pm

So, yea i I did this thing. But it aint working. I tried 2 different kind of pinouts. But all are not being detected. Anyone know why?
SpoilerShow

millski

Post by millski » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:23 pm

Took a bit of forum searching to get the info for connecting a Joy Con stick. Thanks to Kite and Hivetyrant I got mine working.

You’ll need a Joy Con stick, a 6-pin fpc 0.5mm adapter and the 4 wire connector from the Circuit Sword kit (assuming that’s what you’re connecting it to).

As per Kites earlier post in this thread red wire goes to 1 on the fpc adapter board, white to 2, black to 4 and green to 5. 6 is unused, 3 is for the joystick button (clicking in the stick) which I haven’t bothered to add as I don’t know of any emulated systems that benefit from it.

You’re putting a 5-pin fpc cable in to a 6-pin adapter, so make sure it’s pushed to the side that the number 1 trace goes to (don’t look at the back of the fpc adapter, it’s numbered different). Most importantly make sure the joystick is upside down when you’re putting it together.