Raspberry Pi and RetroPie distro plus LCD

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
lennymay

Raspberry Pi and RetroPie distro plus LCD

Post by lennymay » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:25 am

I downloaded RetroPie for my RaspberryPi 3 from this link and have been trying to get my 3.5" LCD to work. I downloaded the driver fromas described, but whenever I try and extract it with the "tar xzvf LCD_show_v6_1_3.tar.gz", the file for the Osoyoo LCD I have, around 50 lines are executed and then the Pi crashes. When I restart it, it goes into a kernel panic every time. I've reinstalled my OS multiple times. I cannot download the raspbian distro with the driver because I have been unable to install RetroPie on top of it and have been unable to display it on the LCD.

Please respond if you know how to solve this problem or what you recommend.

dryja123

Re: Raspberry Pi and RetroPie distro plus LCD

Post by dryja123 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 am

How are you stuffing a 3.5 LCD in a mintyPi? :roll:

(You posted this in the mintyPi software help section)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:56 pm

I'll move it.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:16 am

lennymay wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:25 am
I downloaded RetroPie for my RaspberryPi 3 from this link and have been trying to get my 3.5" LCD to work. I downloaded the driver fromas described, but whenever I try and extract it with the "tar xzvf LCD_show_v6_1_3.tar.gz", the file for the Osoyoo LCD I have, around 50 lines are executed and then the Pi crashes. When I restart it, it goes into a kernel panic every time. I've reinstalled my OS multiple times. I cannot download the raspbian distro with the driver because I have been unable to install RetroPie on top of it and have been unable to display it on the LCD.

Please respond if you know how to solve this problem or what you recommend.

unless your LCD is the HDMI version, its not really compatible/suitable for Retropie....
if it is the HDMI version, then you dont nned to install drivers (as there for touch controls, which dont work in Retropie)

the one i think you have

https://www.amazon.com/OSOYOO-480x320-D ... entries*=0

the one that would be suitable

you'll have better success with one of these......

https://www.amazon.ca/OSOYOO-Display-Mo ... B01N447AEY

UbuntuBhoy

Post by UbuntuBhoy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Interesting.

I have a very similar looking touchscreen my daughter bought me that I was going to use. When you say it would be better with the other screen does that mean that his current one just wont' work, or won't perform well?

I have just spent the last hour or so trying to get mine working and although I can view a verbose startup and shutdown I don't get a desktop, yet it works when connected to my TV via USB.
I think it is a simple software solution as the desktop loads perfectly well in Raspbian.

EDIT - I managed to get my desktop showing using fbcp