[SOLVED] Emulate Joypad Instead of Keyboard w/ Teensy 2.0

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
skorpien

[SOLVED] Emulate Joypad Instead of Keyboard w/ Teensy 2.0

Post by skorpien » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:14 pm

This is more of a curiosity considering I've managed to program my Teensy 2.0 as a USB keyboard using the code that was so generously shared in these forums (you have my eternal gratitude btw).

As I was programming my board, I saw all of the devices that it can emulate and got to wondering if it would be a good idea to program it as a joypad instead of a keyboard.

I'm sure there's a reason why the guides are for programming it as a keyboard, but for the life of me I couldn't find what that was. Are there compatibility issues with doing it that way?
Last edited by skorpien on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

moooarcuuuus

Re: Emulate Joypad Instead of Keyboard w/ Teensy 2.0

Post by moooarcuuuus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Joypad works great. Have a look at Kites code(a), he uses (b). It is very simple, see "void setGamepad()" in "input.ino". The most of his code is serial communicalion and LCD stuff.

(a) https://github.com/geebles/Super-AIO/tr ... o/SAIO_v2a
(b) https://github.com/NicoHood/HID
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over

skorpien

Re: Emulate Joypad Instead of Keyboard w/ Teensy 2.0

Post by skorpien » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:28 am

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. Thanks so much! I've got some reading and programming to do :)