BW screen not found on wiki.Help!!!!

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Shon1980

BW screen not found on wiki.Help!!!!

Post by Shon1980 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:38 pm

Can anyone help with this screen conversation to 5v, can’t find it on any other post.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 6728 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 6728 times

px400

Re: BW screen not found on wiki.Help!!!!

Post by px400 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:50 pm

Check theses guys here:
https://imgur.com/a/mT4gB

You are looking for the IC 1509, the DC to DC converter is the one you are looking for.
The datasheet for it is: www.xlsemi.com/datasheet/XL1509 datasheet.pdf
Just check with some loupe or magnifier glass to check the pinout.
Counting from the smal hole/circular mark in the IC (pin 1) you have to solder/bridge wire to the positive (red wire) and then proceed with the wiring to the raspberry pi.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:16 am

You don’t need to shout Help !!!! To get faster replies.
Just post your question and people will help ;)
Follow me on instagram Image

HarryManback

Post by HarryManback » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:11 pm

px400 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:50 pm
Check theses guys here:

You are looking for the IC 1509, the DC to DC converter is the one you are looking for.
Counting from the smal hole/circular mark in the IC (pin 1) you have to solder/bridge wire to the positive (red wire) and then proceed with the wiring to the raspberry pi.
Hi everyobody. I just started my GBZ project, with no knowledge on electronics.
Just the other day I got my LCD screen, and it has this control board. But I am quite sure I did not understand what I have to do to make it works with 5v. I just connected the second pins of both the IC to the red power wire (as in the photo), but it didn't work. Then I tried soldering power to the the first pin (of both the IC shown, again), but nothing happened.
What I am doing wrong?
Could it be that I used the wrong video signal wire?
Could it be that I understand but I did some error while soldering (I am not that good...)?
Could it be that I burned out the entire PCB by mistaking something?

Thanks in advice for help, and many greetings to everybody from Italy.
Attachments
IMG_20180113_242211395.jpg
IMG_20180113_242211395.jpg (1.84 MiB) Viewed 6688 times

joeygbsn

Post by joeygbsn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:17 am

HarryManback wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:11 pm
SpoilerShow
px400 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:50 pm
Check theses guys here:

Hi everyobody. I just started my GBZ project, with no knowledge on electronics.
Just the other day I got my LCD screen, and it has this control board. But I am quite sure I did not understand what I have to do to make it works with 5v. I just connected the second pins of both the IC to the red power wire (as in the photo), but it didn't work. Then I tried soldering power to the the first pin (of both the IC shown, again), but nothing happened.
What I am doing wrong?
Could it be that I used the wrong video signal wire?
Could it be that I understand but I did some error while soldering (I am not that good...)?
Could it be that I burned out the entire PCB by mistaking something?

Thanks in advice for help, and many greetings to everybody from Italy.

Hey you should only be soldering to one of those chips. The chip on the right in your picture is most likely the right one but did you check the markings or anything like px400 said? Definitely not the best idea to just solder wires to random pins and i wouldn't be surprised if the screen doesn't work now. If the chip on the right is the XL1509 then one wire from 5v to pin 2 should do the trick.

HarryManback

Post by HarryManback » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 am

Hi joey, and many, many thanks for your help.

I Just checked the numbers on the two chips, but I found no XL1509, I have:
the one on the right: RZC2013S
the one ont he left: T25S40

I find these specifications on the Internet:
RZC2013S: http://img009.hc360.cn/m8/M07/AA/BB/wKh ... jTI860.pdf
T25S40: http://bmsemi.com/upload/file/20160317/ ... 395063.pdf

Assuming that the screen is still working (I am trying to find a way to check it, I can't find a source with those inputs/outputs):
- I have to work only on RZC2013S, right?
- which pin of the chip do I have to connect to 5v?
- and here the stupid question: do I have to DESOLDER 5v wire from the circuit board and solder it to the correct pin of the chip, or do I have to make a bridge from where red wire is soldered on the circuit board to the correct pin of the chip?

Thanks again with anticipation!!

joeygbsn

Post by joeygbsn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:46 am

HarryManback wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 am
SpoilerShow
Hi joey, and many, many thanks for your help.

I Just checked the numbers on the two chips, but I found no XL1509, I have:
the one on the right: RZC2013S
the one ont he left: T25S40

I find these specifications on the Internet:
RZC2013S: http://img009.hc360.cn/m8/M07/AA/BB/wKh ... jTI860.pdf
T25S40: http://bmsemi.com/upload/file/20160317/ ... 395063.pdf

Assuming that the screen is still working (I am trying to find a way to check it, I can't find a source with those inputs/outputs):
- I have to work only on RZC2013S, right?
- which pin of the chip do I have to connect to 5v?
- and here the stupid question: do I have to DESOLDER 5v wire from the circuit board and solder it to the correct pin of the chip, or do I have to make a bridge from where red wire is soldered on the circuit board to the correct pin of the chip?

Thanks again with anticipation!!
Good job finding the datasheet and I agree only mess with the rzc2013. Try to solder 5v to pin 3 on that chip. So on your picture it would just be one pin down from the one you soldered. This should be the same as pin 2 on the 1509.

As far as soldering a bridge or just connecting 5v straight to pin 3 it really shouldn't make any difference. Probably a little more mechanically robust to just solder a bridge like in your pics so any stress on the wire doesn't rip up the chip.

joeygbsn

Post by joeygbsn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:57 am

Also the other chip is just a spi memory chip. You soldered 5v to the serial out pin, which I wouldn't expect to hurt it but I guess its possible. On the rzc2013 you soldered the 5v to the voltage input so I don't think you really changed anything by doing that because powering it by 5v with zero mods you would have 5v there.

jakejm79

Post by jakejm79 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 pm

So I just got this same screen/board and I'm having an issue. Removed the RZC2013S chip, soldered 5V to pin 3 and all I get is an occasional flicker of the backlight. I also tried running a jumper wire from pin 3 back to the original +12V point in case there was something else that required power prior to this chip and I get the same. Besides the PCB is a different shape to most and also the ribbon cable has solder points on it so isn't very flexible, not sure how good of a screen this makes for a GBZ.

joeygbsn

Post by joeygbsn » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:55 am

jakejm79 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 pm
So I just got this same screen/board and I'm having an issue. Removed the RZC2013S chip, soldered 5V to pin 3 and all I get is an occasional flicker of the backlight. I also tried running a jumper wire from pin 3 back to the original +12V point in case there was something else that required power prior to this chip and I get the same. Besides the PCB is a different shape to most and also the ribbon cable has solder points on it so isn't very flexible, not sure how good of a screen this makes for a GBZ.
That's annoying I would have assumed all of that would work. You could try following the trace with a multimeter checking for continuity and soldering a little further past the inductor. Not really sure what else to try. The output of that regulator is set using a divider with the junction to the feedback pin 5. Maybe it's not actually set to put out 5v?