DieselDummy's Battery Cover Buttons

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
gilbertotron

Re: DieselDummy's Battery Cover Buttons

Post by gilbertotron » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:18 am

Hi DieselDummy,

Thanks for your great work on this and thanks for sending me a kit.
My first attempt at cutting the case out ended up being a right pigs ear of a job.
I think the printed rear door is a much better solution, that or some kind of CNC controlled cut out.
My wee hands just are not steady enough to get that cut right. I'll post pictures when its finished, its really a very tidy solution!
Thanks again.

DieselDummy

Post by DieselDummy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:41 am

gilbertotron wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:18 am
Hi DieselDummy,

Thanks for your great work on this and thanks for sending me a kit.
My first attempt at cutting the case out ended up being a right pigs ear of a job.
I think the printed rear door is a much better solution, that or some kind of CNC controlled cut out.
My wee hands just are not steady enough to get that cut right. I'll post pictures when its finished, its really a very tidy solution!
Thanks again.
Thanks for the feedback. I know the case and cover mod was not easy. The printed cover is a better option by far. I will be offering that option for the next order. HoolyHoo was kind enough to sell me the file for the printed cover, so everything will be done in house now to keep production cost down. This will also keep the selling price down. The only problem with the printed cover is color matching. I know white and black are good, haven't tried the clear or grey yet. Anything other than that may not be available, I haven't decided yet. I look forward to seeing you build and hearing about your experience with gameplay.

DieselDummy

Post by DieselDummy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:42 pm

All excellent points! Thank you for your input.

andor

Post by andor » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:36 pm

As someone interested in purchasing this when it is next available, I much prefer the buttons you used over round ones.

DieselDummy

Post by DieselDummy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:59 am

kite wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:07 am
Once done it does look very clean :) nice work on this by the way DieselDummy, the kit was great :) my feedback was just my own thoughts and really like it :)
I never take offense to solicited feedback. We will never improve if we don't listen. Most of the reviews have actually been similar, saying that the install may be a a little too high on the difficulty scale. Without hearing it, my suspicion would have never been confirmed. Im looking forward to hearing opinions on how people like them while playing, I'm curious if it's a "form over fuction" issue or not. Personally, I like it all around....but it's not about me, it's the consumer.

I think I'm going to do away with the pogos and redesign the connections. After all, that portion of the project was designed to make the cover easily removable and the more I think about it, it's not a necessity...... considering the lipos and not having to change AAs fast.
Anyway... keep the opinions coming, everyone. You can't hurt my feelings when I don't have any, this is all a learning process.

moooarcuuuus

Post by moooarcuuuus » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi. Some feedback from me after two weeks GB with your buttons. I decided to stop using your solution. The buttons are too small and too clickie for me. I always have to feel something with my fingers after not using the buttons for some time. With large buttons, it is a normal storage position for the fingers. And the clicking annoys me.

I already posted my feedback on the installation here. https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic ... =10#p56254

But thank you again for your work. I like to test something new and do handicrafts. :)
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over

djascher

Post by djascher » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:34 pm

gilbertotron wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:18 am
Just wondering if anyone has gotten kubino in on this, as he is the resident CNC cutting offer guy round these parts....

DieselDummy

Post by DieselDummy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Hello everyone. I'd like to apologize to anyone waiting for an update. I went AWOL due to my new baby not sleeping for the past 3 months. I have not had any time to contribute towards this project. If you're still interested, stay tuned. I don't not have any time frame in mind, however, seeing that I'm at the mercy of 24lb insomniac. Thank you for your patience, and if any testers out there have any more feedback please share when you have time. moooarcuuuus, thank you for yours. I did read it but had no time to reply.....and thank you for stand stl, I have 2 and am loving them.