Pi0 : Emulating GBA

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Scuzzy

Pi0 : Emulating GBA

Post by Scuzzy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Evening all;

Hopefully I have this in the right section....

Just a quick one really;

Is it just me, or doesnt the Pi0 have the grunt to handle emulating GBA? Everything I’ve tried for GBA is really slow......

Everything else I’ve tried on other platforms seems fine, I know the Pi0 can’t handle the N64 / PSX etc,,,,

Just wondering if I may have an issue, can’t get anything to run on gpsp only via mgba.

Cheers

Scuzzy

Re: Pi0 : Emulating GBA

Post by Scuzzy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:53 pm

Found it here;;

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-se ... oy-Advance

Might help someone else....

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:20 pm

i've had no issues with the GBA games I have tried. Have you add the gba_bios.bin file?

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:30 pm

+1 to the above, you need a bios file

Sandler

Post by Sandler » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:48 pm

I'm having trouble with GBA, as well. The default emulator, lr-gpsp, wouldn't start games at all, and the second (and only other) option, lr-mgba, is very choppy and laggy. I put the gba_bios.bin file into the BIOS folder of the same USB I used to transfer games and plugged it into my Pi0, but that doesn't seem to have done anything. The GBA games are still terribly choppy and switching back to the original emulator still won't let anything boot.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:21 pm

Sandler wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:48 pm
I'm having trouble with GBA, as well. The default emulator, lr-gpsp, wouldn't start games at all, and the second (and only other) option, lr-mgba, is very choppy and laggy. I put the gba_bios.bin file into the BIOS folder of the same USB I used to transfer games and plugged it into my Pi0, but that doesn't seem to have done anything. The GBA games are still terribly choppy and switching back to the original emulator still won't let anything boot.
Can you use winscp and ssh in to the pi and confirm it moved to the proper folder on the pi? Not sure if putting the bios on a thumb drive will move it to the proper folder?

Sandler

Post by Sandler » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:21 pm

rodocop wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:21 pm
Sandler wrote:
Can you use winscp and ssh in to the pi and confirm it moved to the proper folder on the pi? Not sure if putting the bios on a thumb drive will move it to the proper folder?
I don't know how to do that, but I'll do some googling and try it.

Sandler

Post by Sandler » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:27 pm

rodocop wrote:
Sandler wrote:
From what instructions I've found, no, I can't do this. My Pi0 isn't connected to a network and I have no way of connecting it.

Sandler

Post by Sandler » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Sandler wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:27 pm
rodocop wrote:
Sandler wrote:
From what instructions I've found, no, I can't do this. My Pi0 isn't connected to a network and I have no way of connecting it.
Aha! Somebody on Reddit was able to help me. I just needed to plug in a keyboard instead of a controller so I could go to RetroPie's file manager and move the file. No computer or internet or network needed.