Help fixing cosmetic mistake

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Ark

Help fixing cosmetic mistake

Post by Ark » Thu May 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi

Yesterday I was finalizing the front of my Kite's CM3 build when I introduced a screw a little bit longer than it needed (tremendous mistake from my side), in one the of the spaces the board has for screwing to the case supports.

The consequence was a small decolorization below the "A" button, you can actually see it better on the image below:
IMG_8519_Good.jpg
IMG_8519_Good.jpg (581.03 KiB) Viewed 3273 times
Do you know guys if there is a any clean way to fix this?, some kind of magic paint or plastic that I could apply on? I'm right now at that point where I'm considering starting with a new front case only becase of that, but it will be really time consuming, since my build is almost done by now.

If you know some kind of trick that can work that will help me a lot with this.

Thanks in advance!

rodocop

Re: Help fixing cosmetic mistake

Post by rodocop » Thu May 24, 2018 3:07 pm

probably not much can be done, I would not worry too much about it. (but I know what you mean, since i've done the same in one case) you could maybe file it down and repaint the entire shell? It would be hard to find something that would match the existing color. And if you try to cover or sand it, it may stand out more than it is now.

Italian77

Post by Italian77 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Yeah. Probably painting the entire shell is the only sure way to hide it, but then you will need new button labels too. Not sure which hassle is easier, starting over or painting.

I would suggest possibly painting a symbol/logo with a stencil over that spot, but it’s so close to the button I’m not sure if anything makes sense to be there.

I agree with rodocop. It’s not that bad but if I were in your shoes I would feel the same way.
My first Circuit Sword build - Custom Painted
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5855

cobblepot

Post by cobblepot » Tue May 29, 2018 2:25 pm

You might try a boiling water trick. But it is risky. Might not be worth the risk. But I don't think it will help with that litte white spot in the middle where the screw tip went.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/b ... ks.485448/

Ark

Post by Ark » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:25 pm

cobblepot wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 2:25 pm
You might try a boiling water trick. But it is risky. Might not be worth the risk. But I don't think it will help with that litte white spot in the middle where the screw tip went.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/b ... ks.485448/
I finally tried using a hairdryer, following what a user did in that forum. It turned out really well!, is almost unnoticiable right now. Thanks a lot!