Doubts of my first gameboy build

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
pyterv

Doubts of my first gameboy build

Post by pyterv » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi everyone I've been seeing so much another people builds and finally I have convince my shelf to make it my own.But I have a few questions of that and i was thankful if you can help me.
First of all i have seen a lot diagrams and i have made my own.I think that all is good but i prefer to have another opinion about that.
foro3.png
foro3.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 3805 times
Then i was wondering what screen should i use. I have seen one of gearbest (that was used for @rodocop in one of his builds https://www.gearbest.com/development-bo ... 29447.html ) that dont need any modification or use the ones that use @wermy and @Chedda(https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0056W ... bw_c_x_2_w) .What do you recomend me?

And finally i have read that the gameboy zero produce a lot of heat so i was thinking to add a cooler but i dont know if i should added drain the heat air or introduce the cool air .
I hope you can help.

rodocop

Re: Doubts of my first gameboy build

Post by rodocop » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:24 pm

I like the gearbest screen, since you need no modification for it to work out of the box, while the amazon screens, are random, once you open up the screen you'll see what kind of board you will get.

As for the wiring diagram, it looks good, i've never used a pi3, but from a quick glance I think it's good. I assume you have double checked the test pads for the pi3.

If you're using a pi3 it will for sure getting hotter than a pi zero. I would put a heatsink on it for sure, and if you can find a small fan, similar to what kite uses in the CM3 boards that would be helpful too.

pyterv

Post by pyterv » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:37 pm

I will surely use the one you have recommended.
About the pins I have reviewed them and I do not think they are wrong.
And about the heatsink i'm looking for one in aliexpress that convinces me.
Thank so much for the help and for answering so fast :)

pyterv

Post by pyterv » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:53 am

@rodocop please could you tell how do you modify de config.txt for the screen in your builds?,because i have change mine (i add "display_rotate=2 ")and it rotate the screen but when i connect the hdmi the image out is rotated too.How could i change only the screen of the gbz and not hdmi image?

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:15 am

pyterv wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:53 am
@rodocop please could you tell how do you modify de config.txt for the screen in your builds?,because i have change mine (i add "display_rotate=2 ")and it rotate the screen but when i connect the hdmi the image out is rotated too.How could i change only the screen of the gbz and not hdmi image?
Hey. I have heard of that problem. Check this out. It's shows how to do it.

https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=302

pyterv

Post by pyterv » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:46 am

Update of the project.
I have got all the pieces and I have finished the assembly but I have come two inconveniences.
The first is that the pcb of helder that I purchased does not recognize the raspberry pi, I tested with a zero, a three and the computer but I have obtained the same result, do not recognize it .So I have decided to acquire a new one and I do not know which to take any recommendation?(I was thinking betwen the retrogamin board(https://www.retrogamingnow.com/pro-shop ... d-fxee5)or the
tinkerBOY Controller V3.0)
And the second is that I have not managed to close the console so I will have to acquire thinner cables
Please, I hope the help of someone regarding the first problem.thank you