PSP Joystick Uasge

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
demodummy

PSP Joystick Uasge

Post by demodummy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi guys!

So, as I eagerly wait for the arrival of my Circuit Sword boards, I got to thinking about the builds I want to make. This time around, I would definitely want it to have the capability to run PS games. I have seen builds on the forums that show a center analog stick for Kite's Circuit Sword and automatically just assumed I needed it to be there to run PS games that required its functionality. But is it really necessary??

I do know that analog stick capability is probably required for some games to function. However, when I was a kid, I had the 1st gen controllers which didn't have them and I don't think I ever played a game that really needed the analog sticks to play.

I feel like if I don't need it, then it would reduce the clutter of buttons on the face which I'm definitely good with. Haha.

Killar

Re: PSP Joystick Uasge

Post by Killar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:07 pm

hi :)
My understanding regarding the joystick(s) on a circuit sword or any build for that matter, is that it is mainly used for N64 and optional for some psx games.. properly some other games as well :)
i am building a couple of devices myself, and am planing on a couple of joysticks on them. my circuit sword would only have one at the center. i don't know if it is better to have it in the left lower corner.. perhaps i have no experience with joysticks and placements