Emulators getting squashed on ILI9341 screen

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Dividion

Emulators getting squashed on ILI9341 screen

Post by Dividion » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi all,

I'm running into an issue with a 320x240 ILI9341 screen. It's adding top/bottom black areas, which affects all of the emulators, but emulationstation is displaying perfectly. In config.txt I have the overscan disabled, all of the overscan_left/right/etc commented out. When I set the framebuffer_width=320 and framebuffer_height=240, it squashes the console text just like it does the emulators. If I leave those commented out, the console text works at fullscreen (but very small). I've tried changing the screen width/height/offsets/etc in retroarch but haven't been successful in changing the behavior. This is in RetroPie 4.4 on a RPi0w with display_rotate=1 to make it landscape.

Emulation Station w/ GBZ35 theme:

Game Boy Color:

Atari 7800:

Maybe the fact that the Atari emulators compress more than the Nintendo one will help us find a solution. Atari should be using the full 4:3 aspect ratio, while the GB/GBC should be 240x240 with an X-offset of 40. Plugging those into retroarch doesn't seem to make any difference, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. This is a stock 4.4 image so there shouldn't be any overlays either.
Check out my store for GBZ boards and accessories: http://pocketadventures.com

Dividion

Re: Emulators getting squashed on ILI9341 screen

Post by Dividion » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:25 pm

Well, I was able to get it fullscreen by setting:
Aspect Ratio: Custom
Width: 320 (1x)
Height: 480 (2x)

Not sure why it's messing up so badly with the height.
Check out my store for GBZ boards and accessories: http://pocketadventures.com