New Screen Variation

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
thecgreg

Re: New Screen Variation

Post by thecgreg » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:15 pm

Ryman08 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:18 pm
I got this one from Amazon and struggled to get a clean picture even with a shielded video wire. I ended up pulling out the chip and that coil mentioned in a previous comment and soldered directly to the coil pad. Once I did that the picture cleaned up and I didn't have anymore issues.

To remove the coil I attempted to heat the solder by contacting the pad underneath, but in doing so I accidently pulled the coil off except for the wires and the base of it. Once I cut off the wires I was able to slowly heat up and remove the base (through loosening with the heat and further breaking of the base). Once I got enough space to heat up the rest of the solder, the entire pad cleaned up and I was able to solder to it.
I was having a terribly fuzzy picture. I tried shielded cables, testing with foil around the data and data/ground cables, etc. The 47 35V VT cap in the corner was piping hot.
Pulling off the chip and connecting directly to the lead got it working clear as can be and the cap in the corner was cool as a fan! Did not have to remove the coil.