Circuit Sword & removable cartridge sd?

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
tlxxxsracer

Circuit Sword & removable cartridge sd?

Post by tlxxxsracer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:58 am

I originally started a GB Zero planning to have a game cartridge with a microSD card slot at the top with wiring the slim game boy advance slot wired to a board.

Now that I've switched gears and gone with a Circuit Sword build, is there a possibility to incorporate the original cartridge reader design into the Sword? I like the idea of having the nostalgia of inserting the cartridge.

Could someone share if this has been done and if so, what could I do to go about it?

I haven't started other than cutting out the casing and button holes.

WoodMill

Re: Circuit Sword & removable cartridge sd?

Post by WoodMill » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:13 am

My previous build, I used the Pi Zero Circuit sword. I was successfully able to add the advanced cartridge reader and a standard GB cart with no problems. But in order to make it work, I moved my L1 & R1 buttons to the battery bay cover.

For my latest build with the CM3, I added L1, L2, R1, & R2 buttons just above the battery bay. And in doing so, I couldn't add the cart reader in the space it needed to be in.

But I could have mounted it up just a bit more, but about a 1/2 inch of cart would be sticking up. So right now, I'm cartless until I figure out what I want to do, if anything. Not having a cart gives the CPU nice direct airflow.

So I think it will all come down to the placement of any additional L & R buttons.
Follow my Youtube Vlog about Filmmaking
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... P0H6UZe1ds

tlxxxsracer

Re: Circuit Sword & removable cartridge sd?

Post by tlxxxsracer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:34 pm

WoodMill wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:13 am
My previous build, I used the Pi Zero Circuit sword. I was successfully able to add the advanced cartridge reader and a standard GB cart with no problems. But in order to make it work, I moved my L1 & R1 buttons to the battery bay cover.

For my latest build with the CM3, I added L1, L2, R1, & R2 buttons just above the battery bay. And in doing so, I couldn't add the cart reader in the space it needed to be in.

But I could have mounted it up just a bit more, but about a 1/2 inch of cart would be sticking up. So right now, I'm cartless until I figure out what I want to do, if anything. Not having a cart gives the CPU nice direct airflow.

So I think it will all come down to the placement of any additional L & R buttons.
I dont plant to have any L1/R1 buttons on the back.
Care to share your build link or if you could show where to wire it to?