Teensy is not working

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Theconartist03

Teensy is not working

Post by Theconartist03 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:25 pm

I soldered and tested the contacts they are fine. Then I followed wermys blog post step by step not forgetting anything. Then I go to test it out first with raspberry pi with retro pi but it doesn’t recognize any game pad. So then, I try testing on the computer. It recognizes it but it says it’s an unknown device. I tried in a game then I tried in notepad, but nothing happens. Can anyone help. Thanks.

infinitLoop

Re: Teensy is not working

Post by infinitLoop » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:44 pm

Theconartist03 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:25 pm
I soldered and tested the contacts they are fine. Then I followed wermys blog post step by step not forgetting anything. Then I go to test it out first with raspberry pi with retro pi but it doesn’t recognize any game pad. So then, I try testing on the computer. It recognizes it but it says it’s an unknown device. I tried in a game then I tried in notepad, but nothing happens. Can anyone help. Thanks.
did you select the type in tools when you programmed it: "Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick” ?

were there any errors when you flashed it, on the teensyduio pop-up? were you using the same versions of the ide listed in wermy's post? (newer ones may not work with that)

Theconartist03

Post by Theconartist03 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:48 pm

I selected keyboard + mouse + joystick. At first there was an error but that was because I forgot to select which version my teensy was. I then fixed it. The teensy just won’t work.

infinitLoop

Post by infinitLoop » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:32 am

not sure then. the issues i have seen have been with the version of the ide software, or selecting the wrong type.

you could also try programming it as a joystick instead of the keyboard type:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=373&p=73755&hilit=teensy#p3993