joystick/retrogame question

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
superman

joystick/retrogame question

Post by superman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Hello,
I was wondering if there were any know problems using retrogame (emulator compatibility, lag, etc.) . I am thinking of eliminating the Arduino in my build to cut back on power draw. I also wasn't sure if a joystick could be hooked up with retrogame. :?:
Thanks

infinitLoop

Re: joystick/retrogame question

Post by infinitLoop » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:05 pm

superman wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:10 pm
Hello,
I was wondering if there were any know problems using retrogame (emulator compatibility, lag, etc.) . I am thinking of eliminating the Arduino in my build to cut back on power draw. I also wasn't sure if a joystick could be hooked up with retrogame. :?:
Thanks
gpio-based controls are a little less laggy than usb-based ones, but it only maps the digital inputs as keyboard or gamepad buttons and can't handle interpreting the analog signals. you need something that will convert that analog input, like an arduino or another ADC (analog to digital converter) like an ADS-1x15.

if you add an ADS-1015 (or use Helder's PSU which has one built-in), you can use Helder's OneForAll software instead of retrogame, to both map the controls and handle the joystick (as well as a battery monitor, if you want to enable that, and other hotkey commands).