Screen flicker

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Dawilson123

Screen flicker

Post by Dawilson123 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:21 pm

Hi all,

I've just completed a Kite Circuit Sword build with the CM3 and standard 320 x 240 screen and all went swimmingly and it booted up all fine except the screen starts to flicker whilst in Retropie.

The flickering speeds up as time goes on and it doesn't do it immediately. Its starts after being in Retropie for a few minutes. It's almost as if something is degrading with time (or is it the CM3 or screen or something else getting hotter and worsening the problem??)

I've searched the forum and Internet and couldn't find anything on this problem.

Do you have any ideas?

It is likely to be a hardware or software problem?

Thanks

Dawilson123

Re: Screen flicker

Post by Dawilson123 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:09 pm

Anyone?

I'm really stumped if no one else has experienced this before.

MrErickson

Post by MrErickson » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:02 pm

Does it degrade over time if you have it plugged into the wall? Usually the times I've had screen flicker (on other projects, not Kite's board specifically) it has been power related.

Dawilson123

Post by Dawilson123 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:22 am

MrErickson wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:02 pm
Does it degrade over time if you have it plugged into the wall? Usually the times I've had screen flicker (on other projects, not Kite's board specifically) it has been power related.
Thanks for the suggestion - I'll go and check.

bailsone

Post by bailsone » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:05 am

i have same problems here with a 640 x 480 display on a Circuit Sword bought with the last batch of 2019 Version is 1.3D. I read that this issue couldt be battery related, when i run low on battery the screen starts flickering as you described, when i bring in a usb-c cable to power the battery, the problem is gone. i read something about a L1 chip located near an inductor. but i am not able to locate it at all. Kite was writing to another guy that this could be some malfunctiion with some flux left on the board and for that reason this specific L1 chip is overheating.

could someone describe where this L1 chip is located ?
My CS also shows warming up behavior when recharging the battery is that normal ???

as an additional info i replaced the Micro JST Cable from the battery packs and now all of the batteries show this issue. could someone verify that those cables are compatible ???

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07449 ... UTF8&psc=1

i am not sure about the profile of those cables but i thought that those JST Cables, would have exact specifications especialy because someone will use them with batteries. :o

any help would be apreciated. maybe i should start a new post on this topic or should i leave it here ? i am new to sudomod and dont want to mess up this well structured Forum.