HELP! Noise Reduction

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
Synapse

HELP! Noise Reduction

Post by Synapse » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi Guys,

While waiting for my Adafruit display to arrive, I worked on another project. I will put a post about the project when I'm done. Everything was working fine until I plugged into the TV, the image was blurry and there was hissing and popping in the audio. I assume that this indicates that I need to filter the signal, as it is passing through several different wires.
Photo on 2016-08-09 at 11.17 AM.jpg
Photo on 2016-08-09 at 11.17 AM.jpg (258.86 KiB) Viewed 4785 times
The RCA signals are bring pulled from test pads 24, 25, 26 and 6 (GND) on the bottom of the Pi. I am using a model B+. I know very little about signal filtering, so please explain as though I am a total noob!

Thanks,

Synapse

LimberEight

Re: HELP! Noise Reduction

Post by LimberEight » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:49 am

Could you post a clear image of just the board you're wiring the pi into, front and back please.

[spoiler="NES PCB Board"]Image[/spoiler]

You might be just better off bypassing it altogether and just wiring straight to a RCA port, or of course you just wire up HMDI!

Synapse

Post by Synapse » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:50 am

LimberEight wrote:Could you post a clear image of just the board you're wiring the pi into, front and back please.

[spoiler="NES PCB Board"]Image[/spoiler]

You might be just better off bypassing it altogether and just wiring straight to a RCA port, or of course you just wire up HMDI!
Aside from a few blobs of solder, I am already practically wired directly to the port.

LimberEight

Post by LimberEight » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:27 am

OK, I'm guessing you'd like to use the original av cable for the NES, if that's the case, I don't think I can help you. I think the the audio and video from the pi would have to be run through modulator before outputing from the the NES.

[spoiler="Other Solutions"]The first option I would suggest would be this.
Available here: http://r.ebay.com/p9clTc

If you wanted to maintain a certain amount of classic nostalgia and use composite, then I would suggest using a cable.

Available here: http://r.ebay.com/t7j6wB[/spoiler]

Good luck on the build, I'm looking forward to seeing the final product. :)