6 button PCB board

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
OV3RCH1

6 button PCB board

Post by OV3RCH1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:34 am

:D :D :D This is my first time messing with this and I'm having fun designing this PCB board and I can't wait to build it in EAGLE. Hopefully I can figure it out and get this guy built soon. I play a lot of fighters and a 6 button surface interface would just be perfect. Any suggestions on other programs and/or if I should add other components to the board are welcome, thanks for checking it out
Attachments
PicsArt_02-22-03.52.27.jpg
PicsArt_02-22-03.52.27.jpg (340.69 KiB) Viewed 4176 times

abrugsch

Re: 6 button PCB board

Post by abrugsch » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:06 am

have you checked out the hackaday "build a PCB in anything" series? it walks you through making a PCB from nothing in each of the main applications. The hardest bit for you will be making the landing pads so start with one of the previously made files and edit that. (I'm not sure if any of the sudomod members have made their project files available, but if you use your google fu, there is a kitch bent DMG common ground board eagle file out there that you should be able to edit into a 6 button panel... (I'm 90% certain this was the starting point for at least some of the control panels on here...)

(edit: check this thread out... http://sudomod.com/old_forums/topic/cahus-gbz/ )

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:28 am

abrugsch wrote:have you checked out the hackaday "build a PCB in anything" series? it walks you through making a PCB from nothing in each of the main applications. The hardest bit for you will be making the landing pads so start with one of the previously made files and edit that. (I'm not sure if any of the sudomod members have made their project files available, but if you use your google fu, there is a kitch bent DMG common ground board eagle file out there that you should be able to edit into a 6 button panel... (I'm 90% certain this was the starting point for at least some of the control panels on here...)

(edit: check this thread out... http://sudomod.com/old_forums/topic/cahus-gbz/ )
It wasn't kitsch-bent it was a guy named Rolf on circuitboards.de forum. Anyways I have the board files on github just search my name. 
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:37 am

Ahhh I just put 2 and 2 together (aaaaaages ago like when I first started this project ummmm 2015) and just assumed it was one and the same. obviously I came up with 3 and my memory is pretty shot now ;) since the kitch bent common ground DMG (2 button) panel was made available about the same time (the product page actually links to the schematic files here: http://gbdev.gg8.se/files/schematics/DMG-Rolf/ .) before this forum took off, it was going to be the basis for my board that I'm going to make (complete with original DMGAMP, and 23017's plus whatever else I come up with to include probably safe shutdown and routing for either DPI or SPI screens if i can get the performance out of it. then @wermy made his and suddenly *everyone's making them ;)
Also those files are in eagle and my weapon of choice is KiCad. I tried to convert them but the conversion tool was incomprehensively garbage. So I'm just going to roll my own.

*ok not literally everyone but you know what I mean