Rotate composite output only not hdmi

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
Kharmeleon

Re: Rotate composite output only not hdmi

Post by Kharmeleon » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:05 am

Ganreizu wrote:So i just tried my above solution with the EDID filter in config.txt and i'm confirming that it works.

If you need to put a display_rotate in config.txt because the GBZ screen is upside down for whatever reason and you want to use HDMI and have the screen not apply display_rotate then find the HDMI display's EDID tag by typing "tvservice -n" at the file manager, writing down the EDID, and then add the following block to config.txt:

[EDID=*your display's EDID tag*]
display_rotate=0
[all]

Then your HDMI display will be right side up! Like i said in my last post though you'll have to do this for every new HDMI tv that you plug into...
That sounds very nice as i couldn't find any of the self rotating displays. I will be testing this as soon as i finish my project. At the moment i am having sound issues which i have to solve at first. And then i will put the case back together and try it out. Many thanks for your efforts mate!

goosewerks

Re: Rotate composite output only not hdmi

Post by goosewerks » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:44 am

Ganreizu wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:56 pm
So i just tried my above solution with the EDID filter in config.txt and i'm confirming that it works.

If you need to put a display_rotate in config.txt because the GBZ screen is upside down for whatever reason and you want to use HDMI and have the screen not apply display_rotate then find the HDMI display's EDID tag by typing "tvservice -n" at the file manager, writing down the EDID, and then add the following block to config.txt:

[EDID=*your display's EDID tag*]
display_rotate=0
[all]

Then your HDMI display will be right side up! Like i said in my last post though you'll have to do this for every new HDMI tv that you plug into...
This solved my issue perfectly, thank you.