SMAKN 2.5 Amp Wire Question

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
dirtybeagles

SMAKN 2.5 Amp Wire Question

Post by dirtybeagles » Sat May 28, 2016 9:07 am

+[mention]wermy[/mention] because I think you used this one before?
+[mention]chiz[/mention]
+[mention]helder[/mention]
+[mention]cannikin[/mention]

I picked up this Amp:
Digital Amplifier.jpg
Digital Amplifier.jpg (120.58 KiB) Viewed 4858 times
I believe I would connect R+ and R- to to my head phone jack with would match your amp's + and - connections.
The 5+ and Ground would connect to the breakout board.

What about A+ and A-? Not sure what this relates to for my amp?

Cannikin

Re: SMAKN 2.5 Amp Wire Question

Post by Cannikin » Sat May 28, 2016 3:53 pm

dirtybeagles wrote: I believe I would connect R+ and R- to to my head phone jack with would match your amp's + and - connections.
The 5+ and Ground would connect to the breakout board.

What about A+ and A-? Not sure what this relates to for my amp?
So for the Adafruit amp I just connected the left channel from the headphone jack to A+ and connected A- to ground. The Adafruit site said you can use A- if you have "differential inputs," and I've never even heard that term before, so I assumed I didn't have them. :)

Looks like that has LIN and RIN which may be what you want to use for the inputs, and L+, L- and R+, R- are the connections to the speakers. So I would guess you want a single audio signal in (let's say you use LIN) and then connect the speaker to L+ and L-.

Try that and see what happens!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat May 28, 2016 8:53 pm

The L- and R- are essentially the Ground signal of the output so you could tie those 2 together into the GND pin on the headphone jack and then the L+ and R+ to the proper outputs.

The Speaker is mono output so you could link one of the outputs to the speaker but this will not shut off the speaker if you put headphones in though. I looked at that amp's datasheet and it looks like a nice amp to use and if you have good results in your build I might look into incorporating it into the controller PCB.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:54 pm

This is my wiring setup.. it is not that great. Headphone jack works great but I am getting really loud feedback from the speakers right now. I am wondering if I can just not use the amp for this.
Wiring for Sound %28v1%29.jpg
Wiring for Sound %28v1%29.jpg (129.29 KiB) Viewed 4780 times