lcd controller board, solder pad/point

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
skrapps914

lcd controller board, solder pad/point

Post by skrapps914 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:42 pm

hey all, been following wermy's guide for gameboy zero, obtained the same model of the adafruit lcd screen, but it turns out, it was a board revision. i discovered it was different after i started soldering. had to unsolder the wires, and attempted to solder in longer wires, but one of the pads where the regulator was removed from, was completely detached/burned off the board. anyone know if there is another point i can attach the wire? it is the red wire.

thanks!
Attachments
red.jpg
red.jpg (155.8 KiB) Viewed 3723 times

GnobarEl

Re: lcd controller board, solder pad/point

Post by GnobarEl » Tue May 31, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi,

I'm no electronic expert, but following the trace I don't see a problem is you solder the wire directly on the capacitor.

But lets wait for other comment too.

Cheers.

skrapps914

Re: lcd controller board, solder pad/point

Post by skrapps914 » Tue May 31, 2016 5:49 pm

GnobarEl wrote:Hi,

I'm no electronic expert, but following the trace I don't see a problem is you solder the wire directly on the capacitor.

But lets wait for other comment too.

Cheers.
thanks for the reply! i had sent wermy a pm about it earlier, and we both agreed that if i followed the trace it should work. had gotten everything connected, and then it would go directly to input AV2. and show a blank screen. i did manage to get a white screen one time but never again