What are the Capacitors and Resistors for?

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
MacBean

What are the Capacitors and Resistors for?

Post by MacBean » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:44 am

Hey everyone!
I just finished guide 4 and have been poking around the forums trying to get a better idea of what is still left to do other then wiring the cartridge / cartridge reader up. I know, I know... I should just be patient and wait for the next guide. :lol: Anyway, I found a couple of wiring diagrams and was surprised to see how close to the end we already are after finishing guide 4. I might even try to finish on my own. One thing I can't seem to find anywhere on the forums however is where we need these capacitors and resistors. Does anyone know what we will be using them for and how?
Thanks!

Ganreizu

Re: What are the Capacitors and Resistors for?

Post by Ganreizu » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:05 am

They're for an audio buffer board that you make when trying to get PWM audio out of the zero through the GPIO. They're not used if you do USB audio though.

wermy
Site Admin

Re: What are the Capacitors and Resistors for?

Post by wermy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:13 am

It's a low-pass filter for the PWM audio signal. Pretty good explanation of everything here if you're bored: https://learn.adafruit.com/adding-basic ... o?view=all :)
ImageImageImageImage