Nano Hub 2.0 Wiring

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
Post Reply
User avatar
SumCanadianGuy
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:37 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Nano Hub 2.0 Wiring

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Idk if anyone has used one of these before but I can for sure not read schematics and I am a bit lost on how to wire it up. I looked at them for quite awhile and I have no clue. Basically my project is a flash drive, USB wifi dongle and this hub. From what I can gather I have the latest revision of the hub. I have the dongles disassembled and wires soldered on to them I am just unclear on this hub where the wires go. I asked the one who made it over a week ago and I have not gotten a response yet. I am trying to make a USB stick that is both storage and a wifi adapter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.tindie.com/products/mux/nan ... -projects/
Attachments
nano-usb-hub - rev2.png
nano-usb-hub - rev2.png (21.04 KiB) Viewed 735 times

User avatar
SumCanadianGuy
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:37 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Nano Hub 2.0 Wiring

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Btw, my board is not silkscreened, that is why I'm asking

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 1373
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 403 times
Been thanked: 720 times

Re: Nano Hub 2.0 Wiring

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:44 pm

SumCanadianGuy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:07 pm
Btw, my board is not silkscreened, that is why I'm asking
can you post a image/pic of the hub you actually have....




.

User avatar
SumCanadianGuy
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:37 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Nano Hub 2.0 Wiring

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:49 pm

This is what I have handy. I can get more if needed. There is nothing on the back.
VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:44 pm
SumCanadianGuy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:07 pm
Btw, my board is not silkscreened, that is why I'm asking
can you post a image/pic of the hub you actually have....




.
Attachments
20180601_090832.jpg
20180601_090832.jpg (2.98 MiB) Viewed 719 times

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 1373
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 403 times
Been thanked: 720 times

Re: Nano Hub 2.0 Wiring

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:37 pm

SumCanadianGuy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:49 pm
This is what I have handy. I can get more if needed. There is nothing on the back.

based on this (image from his tindie listing)....
(i'm assuming by looking at it that its identical to the one you have)


Image



this would be the appropriate pinouts.....


Image




but its not that (its misprinted on the hub in his listing)




this is the correct pinout for the hub....

Image


heres a diagram showing you the upstream port and the two (side by side) downstream ports

Image




hope this helps....



.

User avatar
SumCanadianGuy
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:37 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Nano Hub 2.0 Wiring

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 am

SpoilerShow
VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:37 pm
SumCanadianGuy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:49 pm
This is what I have handy. I can get more if needed. There is nothing on the back.

based on this (image from his tindie listing)....
(i'm assuming by looking at it that its identical to the one you have)


Image



this would be the appropriate pinouts.....


Image




but its not that (its misprinted on the hub in his listing)




this is the correct pinout for the hub....

Image


heres a diagram showing you the upstream port and the two (side by side) downstream ports

Image




hope this helps....



.
Thanks a lot! I did notice that print on the original and thought it was weird that the data lines would be swapped on one port. My board I am assuming is identical but the traces on the back side looked a little different so I wasn't sure. It would not make sense for him to have changed the output layout imo but he did not state anywhere on the site what the revisions were for and I just did not want to fry any of my components.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests