Vertical lines on screen

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
the antithesis

Vertical lines on screen

Post by the antithesis » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:54 am

So, here's my set-up with the hacked Pigrrl.

What I've got so far works except there's a couple vertical lines on the left side of the screen as shown here:

I think it's only in the red as you can see it in the N from Nintendo here, but it's not so noticeable in the grey background.

This was a common problem with the original Gameboy and I found some info online on how to fix it, using a heat gun and pressing on the rubber holding the ribbon cable in place, which is not accessible on this screen. The lines are not really a problem for me as this whole build is a junker and more for practice than as something really I want to have. But has anyone tried to fix this sort of problem on these sorts of screen? I don't really want to turn a heat gun on this thing and have the screen become completely unusable trying to fix a couple lines. I would rather hear from others and learn from their experiences before even attempting to fix this as I don't want to necessitate buying a new screen.

Thanks.