No display on car monitor?

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
Robots86

Re: No display on car monitor?

Post by Robots86 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:01 pm

I ordered another because i damaged my first board that was the same as yours. I ordered the same model from the same supplier but it had a different board. No mod was required with my new board. Very glad because that ic removal is a nightmare

grenade44

Post by grenade44 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Robots86 wrote:I ordered another because i damaged my first board that was the same as yours. I ordered the same model from the same supplier but it had a different board. No mod was required with my new board. Very glad because that ic removal is a nightmare
Bw Corp? Got a picture of your board?

Robots86

Post by Robots86 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:53 pm

This isn't my photo but its the same board
qVvil88.jpg
qVvil88.jpg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 8167 times
Yeah it BW sold by BW corp amazon uk with prime delivery

Aiolia33Fr

Post by Aiolia33Fr » Wed May 18, 2016 4:36 am

Hi,

I'm noob :ugeek: .
Could you confirm that I don t make a mistake If I do that for 12V->5V:

THANKS
Attachments
Sans titre.png
circuit
Sans titre.png (545.61 KiB) Viewed 8150 times

c3r83ru5

Post by c3r83ru5 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:22 am

Edit: Damn...I used the SD Card from my Pi1... flashed the card with a new OS and now it's working perfect!
grenade44 wrote:Mine is now working off battery without any mods done. After my partner wiggled some of the wires, the screen went funny colours and now it works. Must be my dodge soldering lol.
Gosh I've got the same boad but i soldered the IC....
No Signal, no backlight...
any tips?

An_Electric_Mammal

Post by An_Electric_Mammal » Sat May 21, 2016 3:26 pm

m0rphman wrote:Hi guys,
I have a question related to this and maybe you can help me with it.
I got a similar screen from amazon and I want to try it out. The controller board looks like this:
I am aware that in order to run it on 5V I would have to desolder an IC but I thought it would be useful to test it out before I did any soldering. I used an old 9V/500mA power supply which I had lying around and wired up the RCA output from the PI (yellow wire to the "square" outlet, white wire to the round one).
Unfortunately the screen did not display anything at all. I was expecting at least to see the backlight turn on but nothing at all.
I have two questions now:
Do you think that maybe the amperage of the power supply is simply too low?
Do I need to adjust any settings on the PI0 to get composite output?
Thanks in advance!
I have this same screen. Any luck getting it running ? Reason I ask, is I wanna know what works for this screen in particular. I haven't tried anything yet cause I'm such a noob and I don't want to damage it. I've seen some connect the red wire to the ic on the bottom left or removed the top one.. Let me know what's worked for you

grenade44

Post by grenade44 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:51 pm

An_Electric_Mammal wrote:
I got a similar screen from amazon and I want to try it out. The controller board looks like this:
I am aware that in order to run it on 5V I would have to desolder an IC but I thought it would be useful to test it out before I did any soldering. I used an old 9V/500mA power supply which I had lying around and wired up the RCA output from the PI (yellow wire to the "square" outlet, white wire to the round one).
Unfortunately the screen did not display anything at all. I was expecting at least to see the backlight turn on but nothing at all.
Thanks in advance!
I have this same screen. Any luck getting it running ? Reason I ask, is I wanna know what works for this screen in particular. I haven't tried anything yet cause I'm such a noob and I don't want to damage it. I've seen some connect the red wire to the ic on the bottom left or removed the top one.. Let me know what's worked for you
im using the same screen and was working fine without any mod but now screen flashes alot when booting up. not sure what the issue is. im not sure if it needs a mod.

m0rphman

Post by m0rphman » Tue May 31, 2016 11:07 am

grenade44 wrote:
Thanks in advance!
im using the same screen and was working fine without any mod but now screen flashes alot when booting up. not sure what the issue is. im not sure if it needs a mod.
I tried using the 5V outputs from the pi0 and it worked fine when I was using a normal 5V/2A power supply for powering the pi. It worked without any soldering or other mods but it will only display anything if the video inputs are also connected to the pi.
However, when I was using a powerbank which usually should give 5V (I have not tested whether this is correct) the screen flickered. I am currently waiting for my powerboost 1000c which can generate 5.2V, so that I can try again. It is most likely a voltage issue which I hope to alleviate with the powerboost.

grenade44

Post by grenade44 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:17 pm

m0rphman wrote:
grenade44 wrote:
I tried using the 5V outputs from the pi0 and it worked fine when I was using a normal 5V/2A power supply for powering the pi. It worked without any soldering or other mods but it will only display anything if the video inputs are also connected to the pi.
However, when I was using a powerbank which usually should give 5V (I have not tested whether this is correct) the screen flickered. I am currently waiting for my powerboost 1000c which can generate 5.2V, so that I can try again. It is most likely a voltage issue which I hope to alleviate with the powerboost.
I had to do the mod to get the screen to work without flickering while powered off the powerboost.