Teensy LC And All Available Inputs (Joypad Woes)

Software-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized software categories go here.
Beniah87

Teensy LC And All Available Inputs (Joypad Woes)

Post by Beniah87 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:36 am

Hey! Thank you guys for these forums, and of course Wermy for his awesome build, I have had a blast making my own Gameboy Pi Thing, but I've hit a roadblock.

I can get a ton of buttons working using the Teensy LC and Wermy's code, but my goal is to have all available inputs in the "Configure Controller" Menu of RetroPie.

I'm stuck on the two joypads. I've learned a little bit about whatever code arduino uses, but I admit I'm basically clueless here.

I'm using two PSP 1000 joypads wired to analog inputs, 5V and ground. My goal is to have 16 buttons (one extra for Escape, and one extra for enter) and then two analog joysticks.

I've tried various other people's code which seemed to work for them and it either disables all input, or has buttons only and no joypads.

Does anyone know how to do this?

mistermike14

Re: Teensy LC And All Available Inputs (Joypad Woes)

Post by mistermike14 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Beniah87 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 10:36 am

I'm using two PSP 1000 joypads wired to analog inputs, 5V and ground. My goal is to have 16 buttons (one extra for Escape, and one extra for enter) and then two analog joysticks.

I've tried various other people's code which seemed to work for them and it either disables all input, or has buttons only and no joypads.

Does anyone know how to do this?
+1 here, I have the same setup: Up-Down-Left-Right, A, B, X, Y, Start, Select, L1, L2, R1, R2, Enter, ESC + 2 PSP 1000 analog sticks

I am Lightyears away from knowing anything about programing this on my own. Anyone has an .ini file for a project that looks like ours?

I found some pieces of code here and there but nothing that fits well together... It was a frankeinstein sort of code so I am back at the begining now!

Beniah87, have you found how to do it?

Thanks a lot!

Beniah87

Re: Teensy LC And All Available Inputs (Joypad Woes)

Post by Beniah87 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:30 am

I haven't! I kind of gave up for now. I figure one day someone will stumble across this and grace us with the solution, in the mean time I'm trying to learn the required code.