Loading gamesave (.state) on a new GBZ won't load.

Software-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized software categories go here.
WoodMill

Loading gamesave (.state) on a new GBZ won't load.

Post by WoodMill » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:18 am

I've got many hours into A link to the Past on an older GBZ build. I think this version uses one of Helders AiO's. And I know the Pi Zero doesn't have Wifi on it, because I had a Wifi dongle connected to the system. But I would save the game using the softwares save states and not the official way the game itself saves. So my own save state is much further along than the official save file.

I've copied the save files onto my latest build. Kite's CM3. But when I try to load the save state, the text pops up in the lower left saying that it's loading, but it never does.

Pretty sure the rom is the exact same rom. I may have to double check that though. What else could it be? Could different versions of RetroPie not be compatible like that?

The official save file still works, but like I said, much further behind than where I left off.
Follow my Youtube Vlog about Filmmaking
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... P0H6UZe1ds

WoodMill

Re: Loading gamesave (.state) on a new GBZ won't load.

Post by WoodMill » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:25 am

*Insert forehead smack.*

Figured it out. The default emulator's were different. One was using the 2003 version, another using 2010. Once I switched it back, the save state loaded without problem.

Hopefully this helps someone who may come across this.
Follow my Youtube Vlog about Filmmaking
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... P0H6UZe1ds