(poll) What was the hardest part?

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.

What was the hardest part of building your GBZ?

The buttons
3%
Cutouts on the case
13%
Programming Teensy
No votes
Sound
13%
MicroSD cartridge
3%
Fitting everything in the case
26%
Setting up Raspberry Pi
5%
Buying Parts
13%
Finding time to make it
21%
Waiting for a new tutorial
5%

Total votes: 39

Merlin04

(poll) What was the hardest part?

Post by Merlin04 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:12 pm

What was the hardest part of building your GBZ?
I haven't been active for a while. I periodically check the forum and blog for interesting projects, but don't post very much.

Ganreizu

Re: (poll) What was the hardest part?

Post by Ganreizu » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:58 pm

Honestly I think the hardest part is actually being exposed to the forums where new hardware is constantly being developed to make the build cheaper and easier.

We've had controller boards with pinouts for every button, then boards with audio included, now all in one's, then kite has an all inclusive PCB, popcorn and camble with their graceful shutdowns, prerunnerseth and kitsch-bent with cartridge readers, users finding superior solutions like using the DS cartridge reader instead of the original, even manufactured power strips...it just goes on and on and on. Eventually we'll have new raspberry pi generations to play with too.

It makes it really hard to put together this project when you know that there's constantly methods of improving it coming out by the month. Once the graceful shutdowns and kite's boards are on the market i think i would be satisfied with finishing the project and knowing that any individual improvement would be marginal and that the project would function exactly as i want a GBZ to function.

In terms of what specific part of the project is the hardest, for a newbie at this point i think the case is the hardest part.