How many GBZ's in the world?

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
beerman

How many GBZ's in the world?

Post by beerman » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:00 am

Just a thought I had. I was wondering how many completed GBZ's there are in the world?

Not everyone is going to post their success in these forums but then again most people building one will at least be posting in these forums. Sales figures from the PCB threads would suggest no more than around 1000 and that's a very generous estimate. I know I'm late to the party with my build but like the fact I'm building something most people won't have.

With the PCBs and all the other cool bits people are making it is getting easier to build than wermys original guide so I expect a lot more being built.

CaptainDurden

Re: How many GBZ's in the world?

Post by CaptainDurden » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:27 am

just look at what happened with cartridge reader availability after wermys custom parts guide got released. i'd say there's a couple thousand either built or being built all over the world and I suspect there's a bunch of forums or subgroups or subreddits not to different from us. I mean this project brings together parts of the maker, 3d printer, pi, emulation and gaming/ retrogaming/ collector communities s so I'm guessing offshoots of the gbz concept can be found in all those other scenes as well.
Helder wrote:People spend so much time in asking questions and no time looking for an answer that is available.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: How many GBZ's in the world?

Post by Helder » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:18 am

beerman wrote:Just a thought I had. I was wondering how many completed GBZ's there are in the world?

Not everyone is going to post their success in these forums but then again most people building one will at least be posting in these forums. Sales figures from the PCB threads would suggest no more than around 1000 and that's a very generous estimate. I know I'm late to the party with my build but like the fact I'm building something most people won't have.

With the PCBs and all the other cool bits people are making it is getting easier to build than wermys original guide so I expect a lot more being built.
Based on my sales of various boards there is easily over 1400 of them out there.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.