New members, introduce yourself!

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
mattc

Re: New members, introduce yourself!

Post by mattc » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:13 am

Hello.

I've built a few retro machines in the past, my most recent being a pi3 snes and a super game girl. I was in the middle of designing a CM3 gameboy when I stumbled across sudomod, I found kites thread whilst researching driving an LCD via DPI... how have I never found this site before!!

Anyhow, great site, some great ideas and I may revise and have a crack at a cm3 pocket at some point.. just got to finish all the other projects first :D

Rabauz

Post by Rabauz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:54 am

g´day.
My name is Rabauz, I'm 31 years old, I live in Germany near Cologne and I have no idea what my job is called in english. Probably tool designer, or maybe design engineer. Something like that... I design injection molds for a living.
Anyhow, I've been lurking for over a year now and encouraged by all the great projects presented on this board I ordered Kites AIO-PCB and started my own. I'll keep you guys posted.

gjr03

Post by gjr03 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:33 am

Hi Fellas.
New here. Have been playing with rpi3's and retropie for just over a year now. Have also developed a fightstick / arcade stick fetish.
Have recently been looking at handheld rpi's for the kids and stumbled on this forum.
Looks like a ton of fun to be had here.
Keep up the good work.
Cheers

KristKaT

Post by KristKaT » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm a medical lab scientist :geek: (Kentucky) who in a previous life (90's :? ) did electronics calibrations in the Navy. My 10yo son found the mintypi videos, which looked intriguing, and could be a great introduction to electronics for the young'un. I found a couple kits just up on the forums for sale, figured fate was on my side, bought a decent soldering iron and am now brushing up rusty skills (per recommendations here 8-) ). I work with some people willing to give advice, but the forums here are a gold mine. Not a lot of ladies get to teach their sons about computers and electronics, but I do my best not to lead him astray in his beginnings :| . We plan on assembling two mintypi s in a couple weeks when I have a stretch off work. Hoping this will get us on the road to making him a computer when he is older. Thanks, guys!

demodummy

Post by demodummy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:39 pm

Hey there!

I'm new to this forum and I've already posted a few things elsewhere here, so I'm kind of going out of order. Still! Better late than never, right? I got interested in making after I saw a PiGRRL2 from Adafruit running Retropie. After learning the basics of soldering and successfully making my first PiGRRL2, I decided that I wanted a more challenging project for my next run. I found this place via YouTube, and decided to go with a GBZ!

I'm waiting on a few parts (Kite's SAIO, buttons and case from eBay, etc...) and when they come in, I'll document and post my progress (so long as I don't royally mess things up and burn my home down!)

I'm really excited to participate in this community, and thankful that so many people are posting their experiences/knowledge for newbies like me to observe and learn from. Hopefully I can contribute as well; I've posted a few cart labels here as tribute to the forum, haha: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=140

AWildTyphlosion

Post by AWildTyphlosion » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm a Typhlosion that's managed to get on the internet. Not much else to say.

21weberer

Post by 21weberer » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Greetings, I am Eric, i live in the us, i joined to get parts and get help for my upcoming mintypi build.
Retro tech such as old os's, information, old games and more is on this website: www.winworldpc.com

Earlthedestroyer

Post by Earlthedestroyer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:04 pm

I'm Earl. I destroy worlds for a living. I've been following wermy on YouTube since I first saw the gameboy zero, and joined here when I decided to build a mintypi.

redled

Post by redled » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm Red, a dad in Berkeley, California. Brand new to hardware, long-time web designer and interface person.

Saw Wermy's video about 6 weeks ago and have been totally obsessed since.

Reading every forum post I can. Browsing guides. Watching videos. Saving screenshots and organizing images of gameboy insides, wiring diagrams, L/R options people have tried, etc etc. So many screenshots!

Yeah, I'm obsessed. Hello!

martin8777

Post by martin8777 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Hello!

I've been lurking for a while as I seem to keep being referred to sudomod from other sources whenever I'm looking into Retropie handheld projects. I'm juggling a number of ideas at the moment and have a horrible habit or starting things when I feel inspired and not finishing them. On the go at the moment is a Sega Game Gear in bits that will one day have a Pi Zero or A+ in it, an Electronic Arts Sega Genesis cartridge which will house a pi zero w to act as a mini console for a friend for xmas (time limit on that one) and now I'm thinking of cramming a pi zero into a broken Nintendo DS that I have to. I hope to be engaging more in the forums soon!