New members, introduce yourself!

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
Justblair

Re: New members, introduce yourself!

Post by Justblair » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:35 am

Hi my name is Blair Thompson, found out about this project via YouTube.

I already have a Pi3 based mame cabinate, but I like this project too. Got parts on order for this one, but I have not made my mind up fully how I will complete the project.

On one hand the well trodden path is usually the easiest, on the other I like to go my own way and I love novelty.

I would definitely like to be able to plug into a TV via hdmi.

I think once the parts are in my hands I will get a feel for how to proceed.

ThurberMingus

Post by ThurberMingus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:53 pm

Hey y'all! My name is Patrick and I'm a hopeful GBZ builder.

I have a background in music and have experience wiring up guitars and stompboxes. I've wanted to merge my love of music and retro gaming for a while now. I recently had the idea of using and Arduinoboy in tandem with a DMG and sequencing music via my iPad, and other various bits of music gear.

After doing some research on buying/customizing/flash-carting a classic, I stumbled onto wermy's tutorial videos. I realize the GBZ will be a lot more effort, but I love soldering and building things. I haven't done any work with RBPi yet, so I'm excited to take on a new challenge!

I realized quickly that I would need some hand holding through the build process, so here I am! I'm excited to start gathering parts and wiring up a Gameboy Zero of my very own!

Rick

Post by Rick » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:44 am

Hi guys my names rick and at I work at a delivery company. I first saw wermys videos on YouTube and was amazed and now here I am trying to figure out how to build a gbz it's a bitch trying to find parts so far I just got raspberry pi and a micro ad card.

obsidianspider

Post by obsidianspider » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:18 am

Hi everyone, I'm Todd from the United States. I've had a Raspberry Pi since 2015 and for the first year or so I just used it with a USB controller to play some old games while connected to my TV. A few months ago I decided to "do" something with my Pi and I put it in a Super Famicom. The project is about 98% done, and I'm happy with how it turned out.

With that educational hurdle accomplished I decided I wanted to make a handheld. I only started a few weeks ago and while I've been lurking for a while I find that I keep finding good information on this forum when I Google for a random handheld-related question.

I'm not sure of the etiquette of posting links to other forums, or if it's encouraged to post WIP threads here, but I've been active over on the RetroPie forums where I've documented my SFC Pi build as well as my current attempt at a GBA Pi.

Erwinbrowning

Post by Erwinbrowning » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:44 am

Hello everyone!
its nice to belong to such a knowledgeably group. i hope i can get some help from the forums as well as learn a lot from you guys.

Have a good day! ;)
Addicted to watch MBC drama on Tvluux.

Patrick80

Post by Patrick80 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:02 am

Hi Guys,

My name is Patrick (hence the handle) I have recently been getting into everything retro. You know everything was better back in the day and all that jazz.

Anyways I stumbled upon the various GBZero project and decided to invest and try to make me and my friends a few of these awesome GBZerto's.

See you on the boards!

Best regards,
Patrick

Sundays

Post by Sundays » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi
Ben from Adelaide, south Australia. This is my first Pi project I stumbled across GBZ on istagram and wanted to do a Pi project for a while but the all seemed so trivial. Building two one from collected parts and just ordered kite's all in one for the other.
Look forward to learning lots from you all!
Tooo many projects!!!

BenOfTheNorth

Post by BenOfTheNorth » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:39 pm

Missed this thread - Hi! I'm also a Ben from the UK (South Yorkshire). General geek, attempting to build without using one of the more featured AIO boards as I'm looking for a more in depth project to get my teeth into (especially as if this goes well I plan on putting a zero in other device(s) that don't have AIO boards available).

Droopy22

Post by Droopy22 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:35 pm

Hi,

My name's Damien, from Paris, France.
I've no knowledge about electronic but i've in electricity, not the same things but i'can understand a wiring diagram.
I did my firsts solders repairing and modding electrics guitars and stompboxes when i was 15, now i'm 36.
A pure child of the 80's, a little retro gaming collection (2 coleco, 1 game boy, 1 gamegear,1 PC Engine oh yeah, 2 dreamcast (1 is my wife's one, no one want to sell his own), and about 15 "game and watch" (all in dual screen but one, mario bros wide screen in a horizontal scrolling.... the best ever with Zelda) a mini nes (not vintage but pixeled as :D and today gaming (ps3/ps4, xbox/xbox 360, CFH PSP and a VITA).

My wife (a real geek/otaku) told me about RPI3 she wanted for X-mas in order to recalbox on main TV.... and put the box under the tree.

Then i looked at what it was possible to do with and i founded wermy's project :shock:
I WANT MY REALLY OWN ONE

I must have read the 2 guides about 10 times, then i read Helder and Sota's topics
And lots of projects grow in my mind:
- something like the RKAIDR (a cigar box with a Seimitsu LS32 with a custom shaft, 8 buttons, 7" TFT, PAM8403, bluetooth for 2 PS3 joypads)
- a GB Zero

I think the RKAIDR is simpler because of space, a good way to learn before GBZ

Here I am.

Moonlight124

Post by Moonlight124 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:07 pm

hello guys.

Just wanted to drop some lines as my first messages here in sudomod. Thank you for letting me be a part of our community. I come here to learn and to gain knowledge with you and hope to enjoy my stay here.

Thanks,