What is your first video game memory?

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
Holydohnut

Re: What is your first video game memory?

Post by Holydohnut » Wed May 10, 2017 4:29 pm

My older brothers getting a 2600 for Christmas when I was 3. My Dad had games and a controller that were HIS! We had to ask to borrow his controller to play Raders of the lost Ark coz the 2nd one controlled the inventory!

I remember getting sick shortly afterwards and being curled up on the settee playing Spiderman. I was dreadful at it! :)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed May 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Pole position on the 2600 in a black and white 16" TV. For years all I knew of the Atari was black and white images until in my later years as a teen I played the games in emulators in color..... it blew my mind lol.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

winnetouch

Post by winnetouch » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:44 am

My cousins commodore 64 with the floppy disks and cassettes. I really only have 2 things in memory. Either it was a He-man game (though I'm sure there were others, my cousin had a whole box full of floppy disks with games on them) or more probably a paint like program for drawing (if that counts as a game :P).

Holliday86

Post by Holliday86 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:53 am

My brother playing the Dizzy games in his room. He was 11 and I was 3. I loved watching those games. Still love watching people game, so much better than the tv because it's unpredictable.

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:35 am

My first system was a commodore 64 terminator 2 edition so first game I ever played was Terminator 2 ;-)

oliddell

Post by oliddell » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:27 am

[quote=
As far as consoles, we were always a generation or two behind. I remember my dad finding a great deal Atari 2600 (because it was way outdated at that point, the NES had already been out for a few years). River Raid was my favorite, and started a lifelong love for shmups:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YO50FPhMos

We also had Pitfall. That one was scary, though. ;)
[/quote]

This exactly this :lol: :lol:

fedplast

Post by fedplast » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:46 pm

As a really young kid, I remember walking into the living room where my 3 older brothers just set up a commodor 64.
remember load "*" ,8 ,1 ?? oh, international karate was a b*tch.

but between waiting 10 minutes for games to load, and having to share with 3 older brothers, I only got to fully immerse myself much later, in the long summer days of the early 90s (no netflix or internet).

other best memory was when a friend showed me this new handheld toy called game boy. I remember playing tetris for the first time: the definition of addiction...

a rich friend if my brother once gifted me his atary linx with a full stash of games, that was by leaps and bounds the best console I had as a kid. 100 times better than the game gear my father got me that drained batteries in 15 minutes. (and re-chargeble batteries were not only expensive but also took 6 hours to recharge).

memory lane...

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Played one of these till my fingers bled as a kid. :P
100toys70.jpg
100toys70.jpg (33.55 KiB) Viewed 8793 times

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:09 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:22 pm
Played one of these till my fingers bled as a kid. :P

100toys70.jpg
mine was one of these:

Pentium

Post by Pentium » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:56 am

Two Words:
Sony Playsta-
Virtual boy. (For all you haters out there, I still have mine, OK? there are some really good games on there, why does everyone hate Mario tennis so much? Its kind of sad that the first attempt at virtual reality sucked so bad)