What is your first video game memory?

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
YaYa

Re: What is your first video game memory?

Post by YaYa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:18 am

My first game ever was brought to home by my dad at the end of 1982... a Nintendo Game Watch Donkey Kong game wooooa...
Since that day, i always played, as far as i can remember...
I had almost every systems at home since 1990, except Xbox (all types because i'm anti Microsoft lol) and PS4.
My prefered system is by far Megadrive (Genesis in US) and Neo Geo AES (THE console, THE rolls royce)
As for handheld systems, i had the gameboy, then the game gear, then the lynx, then the PC Engine GT (aka Turboexpress in USA) and that's all.
I always thought that the next generations handheld consoles were just not that attractive.
Follow me on instagram Image

Danny Tiatto

Post by Danny Tiatto » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:49 am

My first video game experience was Mario Bros. The second game I remember playing was MK3 on SEGA.
My friends and I are gonna gamble tonight. You know, it's not a total waste of time. You can read about it at lord of the ocean spielen com. It's a top entertaining website.

MrDralixx

Post by MrDralixx » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:53 am

Mine is a mixture of Pong, Atari 2600 and Commodore Vic20/64 games.

My pop worked for a silicon manufacturing facility for Commodore Computers way back when. I remember playing Pong for the most part and some Atari. I remember the day he came home angry and took the Atari and threw it in the trash. Turns out that Commodore was making the chips for Atari games up until Ms PacMan and they shafted Commodore or something and everyone thought they were going to lose their jobs. Commodore knew it was going to happen though and already had a backup lined up. (and Atari got some cosmic justice with that E.T. game... HA!)

I then had the early-80's awkwardness of knowing and loving games that no one else had a clue what I was talking about. Gorf and Zork to name a few. My pop had a prototype or 2 of EVERY item Commodore ever made (up until about 1987 or so). (and still does for that matter) As I was pretty young at the time, I do remember how much faster a cassette drive was than the 5.25 floppy.

*sigh* Good times.

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:38 am

MrDralixx wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:53 am
My pop had a prototype or 2 of EVERY item Commodore ever made (up until about 1987 or so).
I heard Commodore Engineers were a loyal bunch. As a CBM fan I'd love to see some pics of the collection ;)

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:51 am

MrDralixx wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:53 am
I do remember how much faster a cassette drive was than the 5.25 floppy.

*sigh* Good times.
I was born in 1988 and have fond memories of playing games on 5.25 floppy.... Not too many people my age can say that. My father was a cathode ray computer engineer and was a video game fanatic.

MrDralixx

Post by MrDralixx » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:58 pm

abrugsch wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:38 am

I heard Commodore Engineers were a loyal bunch. As a CBM fan I'd love to see some pics of the collection ;)
HA! I'd love to see it myself! Unfortunately, my parents' basement is an American version of the Room of Requirement. The last time I was out there with family, I ran a toe into a BetaMax VCR he had (and swears 30 years later that he's going to get fixed) and had about 40 Beta tapes fall on me. I was seriously expecting some Cornish Pixies to fly off laughing about it.

He did mention a year or so ago that he joined a Facebook group that was filled with Commodore computer fans and he had made a few friends through it. 3 people were making offers on his SX-64 in particular.

He's been making an effort to clean up down there though. I know that due to when he and my mom came out to visit (third son born this past June), he was telling me that since I was the only one of his kids who had an interest in electronics, and he needs to clean up down there, if were interested in his old electronics. He's got tons of stuff from the Commodore days and even before that. He's also got one of those really sweet, old oscilloscopes.

When I'll actually see any of that stuff is unknown either though. lol He's 74 and is a gamer still. (WoW, LoTR Online, StarCraft 3, etc) And he gets bored and works a part time job when he wants. So time will tell. :)

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:53 am

I'm probably on that facebook group!
And by the sounds of it, the SX-64 is the least rare thing in the collection ;)

TheBeardedJake

Post by TheBeardedJake » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:44 am

For me, my first memory of a video game was a PS1 that was chipped. I had spyro and driver. Still my two faves to this very day. Cannot wait to emulate them on the go :D

Pierre

Post by Pierre » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Believe or not, my first video game was a Magnavox Odyssey Light Rifle in the late 70. We stuck plastic templates to the tv screen and shoot at a small light dot. It sucked but boy was it magic. Games were on blank boards simply labelled 1, 2 and 3. Then came the PET commodore computer in high school and re-writing games from computer magazine articles that never worked. When they did, we saved the games on music tapes noting the start and end number on the mecanical counter so we could load the game again instead of retyping it. Then Atari, then Nintendo, Gamecube etc... Today I play Mario on retropie with my sons. Good times.