[For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) SOLD OUT

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Rod2D2

Re: [For Sale] $5 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $14 (Worldwide)

Post by Rod2D2 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:23 pm

Helder wrote:
dirtybeagles wrote:
Helder wrote:Someone had a wiring diagram for this exact socket but I can't find it, maybe someone here has the link to the thread.
I got you boo. http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=539
Kilren was the master mind around this headphone socket.

There was an actual diagram with the image from the datasheet on some post but I can't find it, that image is helpful but not for this socket since the pinout is slightly different or the pins are positioned very differently. Still helpful though.

Any order issues or changes are best done through PM.
Helder is this the one you're talking about ?

http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=657

Sparx52

Re: [For Sale] $5 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $14 (Worldwide)

Post by Sparx52 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:59 pm

For those who are still having some noise I found the manufacturers instructions for the audio chip Helder used and it recommends using ferrite beads inline with the speaker positive and negative and that should counter any emi in the system causing noise

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:03 am

jermzz wrote:Maybe a dumb question but how do you program the atmega chip? I'm assuming with the arduino ide; but will there be a USB port or something similar?
They'll be already programmed when you get them. To reprogram them use an ISP programmer or hook up a USB to the main USB input to a pc where it can be detected by Arduino IDE.

There is a way to program it with Pi also and there is a guide in the Arduino Hardware Subforum.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

dboSS

Post by dboSS » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:30 am

Do I still need the USB Dac if I use audio board?

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:49 pm

dboSS wrote:Do I still need the USB Dac if I use audio board?
No... Not sure why you need it. You either use the GPIO 18 and 13 pins on the Pi and configure the config.txt file to enable sound output through them, or you use USB audio card and connect the data wires from that USB card to a USB input on the pi0 just like you would if you plug the sound card into a PC.

username 123

Post by username 123 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:04 pm

Sparx52 wrote:For those who are still having some noise I found the manufacturers instructions for the audio chip Helder used and it recommends using ferrite beads inline with the speaker positive and negative and that should counter any emi in the system causing noise
Should I put them right before the speaker?

PotaTox

Post by PotaTox » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:41 pm

Helder wrote:
jermzz wrote:Maybe a dumb question but how do you program the atmega chip? I'm assuming with the arduino ide; but will there be a USB port or something similar?
They'll be already programmed when you get them. To reprogram them use an ISP programmer or hook up a USB to the main USB input to a pc where it can be detected by Arduino IDE.

There is a way to program it with Pi also and there is a guide in the Arduino Hardware Subforum.
When you mean by the main USB port, you mean the USB port on the side of the GB0? I may also go for one of these All-in boards.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:19 pm

On the image of my board you see one usb connector on the upper right hand corner, that is the main connector so you would need to connect that to a PC but these are all wire installs so you might need a beak out board I can design one up and you guys can order it from OshPark since it'll be cheap and small. You will just need 2 parts that are easy to solder so you can attach the wires to this board then solder them back to the Pi Zero when you're done.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:32 pm

Couldn't we just temporarily use the adafruit micro b USB breakout that we use eventually charge the lipo?

Spleen21

Post by Spleen21 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Out of curiosity, is there any chance the last of the atmega pins could be broken out and made available to use for other things? Just thinking, with a very capable chip like this and a community of modders and makers, it could be useful to have a few spare micro controller pins available.