[PREORDER] Game Boy Cart Micro SD Card Boards

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
129jbc

Re: [PREORDER] Game Boy Cart Micro SD Card Boards

Post by 129jbc » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:31 am

I received mine too! It look very beautiful, I'll check the updates for an eventually problem.

Thanks for the works!

prerunnerseth

Post by prerunnerseth » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:19 am

OK folks,

I went back and looked at the picture that Cannikin sent me and noticed another major issue. So the boards may work as is. Please try them. The additional filtering may not be needed. you do however need to completely remove the card edge connector from the gameboy board. there are lots of things on that board that can and will interfere with the SD card working. I know I show in my picture it still soldered to the board. This was just to have a nice picture to show you where to solder it. I will add a note to the post with the wiring diagram.

SidSilver

Post by SidSilver » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:50 am

Sorry but with my poor english level I've not understood the problem. :?
Haven't received my board yet, I hope for today or tomorrow.

Can someone give me a simple explanation of what is wrong with those boards and what to do to solve that please ?

prerunnerseth

Post by prerunnerseth » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:03 am

SidSilver wrote:Sorry but with my poor english level I've not understood the problem. :?

Can someone give me a simple explanation of what is wrong with those boards and what to do to solve that please ?
There may be nothing wrong with them. The only person who has tried the board had the connector still soldered to the game boy board. Until someone tries it with the connector removed , we do not know. I have however, spent some time working with my high speed data guru and come up with some filtering that should solve any issues that might arise and improve over all signal integrity. You should get yours soon. One of the French buyers reported getting his board already.

AlexKidd2

Post by AlexKidd2 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:40 am

Received :)

SidSilver

Post by SidSilver » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:38 am

Received mine today, it looks great !
Cannot test it for the moment, I miss the cartridge reader.

Rod2D2

Post by Rod2D2 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:52 am

prerunnerseth wrote:
SidSilver wrote:Sorry but with my poor english level I've not understood the problem. :?

There may be nothing wrong with them. The only person who has tried the board had the connector still soldered to the game boy board. Until someone tries it with the connector removed , we do not know. I have however, spent some time working with my high speed data guru and come up with some filtering that should solve any issues that might arise and improve over all signal integrity. You should get yours soon. One of the French buyers reported getting his board already.
@prerunnerseth Do you know if this works properly yet? I have not been able to test yet and want to make sure it works without issues before I begin working on this part of the project. I will be connecting it to the original DMG pin connector

prerunnerseth

Post by prerunnerseth » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:08 am

Rod2D2 wrote:
prerunnerseth wrote:

@prerunnerseth Do you know if this works properly yet? I have not been able to test yet and want to make sure it works without issues before I begin working on this part of the project. I will be connecting it to the original DMG pin connector
I'm waiting for someone to try.

prerunnerseth

Post by prerunnerseth » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:44 am

Looks like i can get my manufacturing costs down on these to be able to offer these again. Testing is in progress on filtering to make these super reliable. Stay Tuned.

Adamcarter

Post by Adamcarter » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:36 am

I would like to purchase one!