[For Sale] GBZ All In One PCB (Pre Orders V2)Sold Out!

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
MisterAnderson

Re: [For Sale] GBZ All In One PCB (Pre Orders)

Post by MisterAnderson » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Do you have any photos of a build using the board, and how the other components fit with it?

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:20 am

MisterAnderson wrote:Hey I'm thinking of doing this project but there's no way I'm good enough with the ol' soldering iron and dremel to use an existing board, so I'm gonna order one of these bad boys. You don't have a price posted anywhere I can see though. How much are they?
35 bucks and sold out. You'll have to wait for the next batch should helder decide to have one.

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:24 am

MisterAnderson wrote:Do you have any photos of a build using the board, and how the other components fit with it?
Nobody has an all in one board yet to show a build with it (possibly helder himself if he's got around to it) but the board considerably cuts down on pieces that go in the DMG case itself which everything already fit before this board was made. So you should have considerable room with this board installed for all remaining pieces.

incontrasttogray

Post by incontrasttogray » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:49 am

@helder excellent work as usual.
Last edited by incontrasttogray on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey Sudomodonites,
Aspiring industrial designer looking to make some modifications to the system housing.

incontrasttogray

Post by incontrasttogray » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:57 am

jermzz wrote:
MisterAnderson wrote:Hey I'm thinking of doing this project but there's no way I'm good enough with the ol' soldering iron and dremel to use an existing board, so I'm gonna order one of these bad boys. You don't have a price posted anywhere I can see though. How much are they?
35 bucks and sold out. You'll have to wait for the next batch should helder decide to have one.

I'm sure you'll kill it with the soldering, @misteranderson. Youtube is and excellent resource for How-To solder videos as well as solder equipment maintenance.

@jermzz, @helder seemed to be stating that his next order was based on pre-order performance. I think considering the demand it's more likely than not he'll at very list open a pre-order and go from there. I've all but paused my electronic build in anticipation of this board since it's first mention some time ago, after already having bought two of Helder's original PCB's following @wermy 4th instructional.

I'm super ready to crush this thing, just waiting on that open pre-order to go up. It's like pure tension until I put that $$$ down.
Hey Sudomodonites,
Aspiring industrial designer looking to make some modifications to the system housing.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:44 am

jermzz wrote:
MisterAnderson wrote:Do you have any photos of a build using the board, and how the other components fit with it?
Nobody has an all in one board yet to show a build with it (possibly helder himself if he's got around to it) but the board considerably cuts down on pieces that go in the DMG case itself which everything already fit before this board was made. So you should have considerable room with this board installed for all remaining pieces.
Actually Wermy will have first board as I sent him that one in the picture in the first post. I haven't even done my build to be honest, all I've done is design and test things but after this batch I will since I have to show off my build with this board.

People with no soldering experience don't waste time and money buying this board. If you break things trying.to solder it or any other components I'm not going to hold your hand through it to try and fix it. This project assumes you can solder at a novice level and have seen the videos and read the Wiki and other people's projects.

This last paragraph might seem harsh but this project isn't for someone getting into soldering. I've seen some people with little to no experience ruin a few Pi Zeros and usb hubs and screens. So buy yourself some decent gear like a temperature controled iron and a flux pen and please stay away from 60/40 solder and be sure it's thin.

Edit: Seems I over estimated the speaker magnet being smaller than I had thought and with my new board the Analog Stick pad area sit's slightly on top of the Speaker. Only fix for this is to grind a bit of the board area near the Analog Stick or simple shave off the speaker support ring on the Left side so the speaker moves slightly to the left. I'll post photos of this later today.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

incontrasttogray

Post by incontrasttogray » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:07 am

Helder wrote:
jermzz wrote:
Actually Wermy will have first board as I sent him that one in the picture in the first post. I haven't even done my build to be honest, all I've done is design and test things but after this batch I will since I have to show off my build with this board.

People with no soldering experience don't waste time and money buying this board. If you break things trying.to solder it or any other components I'm not going to hold your hand through it to try and fix it. This project assumes you can solder at a novice level and have seen the videos and read the Wiki and other people's projects.

This last paragraph might seem harsh but this project isn't for someone getting into soldering. I've seen some people with little to no experience ruin a few Pi Zeros and usb hubs and screens. So buy yourself some decent gear like a temperature controled iron and a flux pen and please stay away from 60/40 solder and be sure it's thin.

Edit: Seems I over estimated the speaker magnet being smaller than I had thought and with my new board the Analog Stick pad area sit's slightly on top of the Speaker. Only fix for this is to grind a bit of the board area near the Analog Stick or simple shave off the speaker support ring on the Left side so the speaker moves slightly to the left. I'll post photos of this later today.

@helder if where basically just doing through holes at the point of an all in one board should we still be avoiding 60/40? For continuity, what are you using?
Hey Sudomodonites,

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:57 am

63/37 is ideal and here is some on Amazon but the weight is overkill for this project.

https://www.amazon.com/Kester-Rosin-Cor ... B00068IJWC
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Chrischuck

Post by Chrischuck » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:12 pm

These boards all look awesome. When can I preorder or order.

jothie

Post by jothie » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:36 pm

Helder wrote:
jermzz wrote:

Now you have me worried. I am definitely a novice when it comes to soldering. I've built and repaired computers my whole life but actually working on a circuits is new to me. I have some soldering experience in automotive work and replaced a row of bad capacitors on my Vizio television circuit board. I would of thought the AIO board would be better for a novice not worse. Seems like alot less work than Wermy's video without one. I look at this as a learning experience, soldering is something I've always wanted to learn and this just seems like a fun project to dive into. I've read just about everything on this forum backwards and forwards a dozen times. Watched all Wermy's video's multiple times and have watched hours or soldering-for-idiot guides on Youtube. I was feeling pretty confident, but now you have me worried lol. Oh well.. its only $35 if I mess it up(and your hard earned time I suppose). Tho I'm probably about 2 months away from having the time needed to start this project. Maybe I'll practice on other things in the meantime.