Low Battery LED Indicator Board [OSHPark]

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Zero

Re: Low Battery LED Indicator Board [OSHPark]

Post by Zero » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Yeah but I wasn't asking what should power it, I was asking in reference to your board design, what the positive and negative terminals should be attached to on the board itself, as your images don't appear to show any traces going to any components from power in? Maybe I wasn't being clear enough.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:54 pm

Zero wrote:Yeah but I wasn't asking what should power it, I was asking in reference to your board design, what the positive and negative terminals should be attached to on the board itself, as your images don't appear to show any traces going to any components from power in? Maybe I wasn't being clear enough.
I have no idea what your asking me now, the board is setup like it is in the schematic on page 2 of this thread and I already explained where negative and positive come from and go to.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Zero

Post by Zero » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:55 am

I used that schematic initially and could not get it to work. Maybe there different types of 2N3904 transistors under the same name or something. :?: I saw in another thread that a certain brand of transistor had to be used for their circuit to work the way it was intended.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:31 am

Zero wrote:I used that schematic initially and could not get it to work. Maybe there different types of 2N3904 transistors under the same name or something. :?: I saw in another thread that a certain brand of transistor had to be used for their circuit to work the way it was intended.
I used an SMD version so the pinout is always the same, if you used a traditional sot-92 then it all depends on the datasheet. The schematic is always the same it's the pinout of the actual part that changes, go look at the datasheet of the part you have for proper pinout.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Zero

Post by Zero » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:45 am

Will do. Cheers.

lpepe

Post by lpepe » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:31 am

Hi!

I've made the circuit, based on the PCB image, Gerber files and schematic (without the potmeter):
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 11028 times
(Sorry for the hand-drawing...)

Should it so working?
Because on breadboard the LED is continuously turned on, not only when the battery is low....

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:29 pm

lpepe wrote:Hi!

I've made the circuit, based on the PCB image, Gerber files and schematic (without the potmeter):

FullSizeRender.jpg

Should it so working?
Because on breadboard the LED is continuously turned on, not only when the battery is low....
Well if you added the battery positive to the 5V point and the negative to the GND point it should only light up when it's at or below 3.26v.
Post an image of your bread board and are you sure you're using the correct value resistors?

lpepe

Post by lpepe » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:02 am

Helder wrote:
lpepe wrote:Hi!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Should it so working?
Well if you added the battery positive to the 5V point and the negative to the GND point it should only light up when it's at or below 3.26v.
Post an image of your bread board and are you sure you're using the correct value resistors?

I think, the transistors are the same, that you used:
http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/daten ... 92_FSC.pdf
Attachments
IMG_3225.JPG
IMG_3225.JPG (1.24 MiB) Viewed 10989 times
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
FullSizeRender 2.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 10989 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:21 am

Looks alright to me, is your battery charged? do you have a multimeter to show how much voltage it has? Also try a pot like in the first schematic I posted and mess with the values to see when it lights up at the battery voltage when it's low and take the measurements with a multimeter of the POT to get the resistor values.

lpepe

Post by lpepe » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:58 am

Helder wrote:Looks alright to me, is your battery charged? do you have a multimeter to show how much voltage it has? Also try a pot like in the first schematic I posted and mess with the values to see when it lights up at the battery voltage when it's low and take the measurements with a multimeter of the POT to get the resistor values.

Of course, it's charged. With potmeter didn't tried yet, I didn't ordered one....

I used a 18650 li-ion battery, but I think this isn't the problem? (the battery is brand new Samsung cell...)
Attachments
FullSizeRender 3.jpg
FullSizeRender 3.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 10970 times