[Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (PowerBoost Version) - Closed

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
User avatar
Camble
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 2:31 am
Location: Scotland
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 487 times

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (PowerBoost Version) - Closed

Post by Camble » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:50 am

@Mischief Don't worry, I have plenty

User avatar
Mischief
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 7:50 am
Location: Wolverhampton, UK
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (PowerBoost Version) - Closed

Post by Mischief » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:43 am

Camble wrote:@Mischief Don't worry, I have plenty
Just a couple of questions about the new 1.2 board, Have the reset switch pads been removed from this model as I can't see them? also has the immediate shutdown in certain games (emulator cores) been fixed?

Cheers, only a few days now till bill day :)

User avatar
Camble
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 2:31 am
Location: Scotland
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 487 times

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (PowerBoost Version) - Closed

Post by Camble » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:24 am

@Mischief The reset headers were removed because you can either connect a momentary switch to the EN/GND pins of the PowerBoost, or use the RUN headers on the Pi to reset.

Immediate shutdown is also no longer an issue.

User avatar
Mischief
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 7:50 am
Location: Wolverhampton, UK
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (PowerBoost Version) - Closed

Post by Mischief » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:32 am

Camble wrote:@Mischief The reset headers were removed because you can either connect a momentary switch to the EN/GND pins of the PowerBoost, or use the RUN headers on the Pi to reset.

Immediate shutdown is also no longer an issue.
Cheers, wanted to make sure as my reset tac switch is already in place.

marcushg
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (PowerBoost Version) - Closed

Post by marcushg » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:53 am

Hi Camble, it's been a while since i got the safeshutdown switches (1.1 version) and haven't got it to work with my pi zero powered with powerboost1000. The thing is that i tried the two scripts (don't know which is best as i think you said the two would work)
https://github.com/Camble/GBZ-Power-Monitor_PB
https://github.com/Camble/Safe-Power-Monitor
and the two seem to do something, because power off is not powering off at the moment and if i shutdown from retropie it powers everything off after. also the low battery overlay is working and tells me when i'm running out of battery, but seems like the shutdown command is not being sent. i also noticed a kernel panic one time.
the thing is that i think everything is running worse than before (i'm using retropie 4.1 with default emus/config) and even NES emulator is now struggling to work... (can't even play super mario bros at decent speed). is it normal? can I revert changes or do I need to reformat?
thanks, i'm quite confused with this

EDIT: reinstalled gbzpowermonitorpb and it works!!!! is there a way to remove the safepowermonitor script or is it just overwritten by the other one? i still notice emulators are lagging a lot

User avatar
Camble
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 2:31 am
Location: Scotland
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 487 times

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (PowerBoost Version) - Closed

Post by Camble » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 am

@marcushg https://github.com/Camble/Safe-Power-Monitor is unfinished and not guaranteed to work.

"crontab -r" will delete them all from startup and you can re-add the one you want.

oxy93n
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:03 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (PowerBoost Version) - Closed

Post by oxy93n » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:58 am

marcushg wrote:Hi Camble, it's been a while since i got the safeshutdown switches (1.1 version) and haven't got it to work with my pi zero powered with powerboost1000. The thing is that i tried the two scripts (don't know which is best as i think you said the two would work)
https://github.com/Camble/GBZ-Power-Monitor_PB
https://github.com/Camble/Safe-Power-Monitor
and the two seem to do something, because power off is not powering off at the moment and if i shutdown from retropie it powers everything off after. also the low battery overlay is working and tells me when i'm running out of battery, but seems like the shutdown command is not being sent. i also noticed a kernel panic one time.
the thing is that i think everything is running worse than before (i'm using retropie 4.1 with default emus/config) and even NES emulator is now struggling to work... (can't even play super mario bros at decent speed). is it normal? can I revert changes or do I need to reformat?
thanks, i'm quite confused with this

EDIT: reinstalled gbzpowermonitorpb and it works!!!! is there a way to remove the safepowermonitor script or is it just overwritten by the other one? i still notice emulators are lagging a lot

You are not the First with lagging emus on 4.1 search the sudomod forum there is an thread about this.
Back to 4.0.2 help most times.

marcushg
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (PowerBoost Version) - Closed

Post by marcushg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:01 am

Camble wrote:@marcushg https://github.com/Camble/Safe-Power-Monitor is unfinished and not guaranteed to work.

"crontab -r" will delete them all from startup and you can re-add the one you want.
Hi there, I have an SD image made with everything working as it should but im not longer using powerboost, so now everytime i power on my pi the script just tells me it is going to shutdown in 60secs because battery is really low. How can i uninstall the script quickly? it gives me just a few seconds to go to terminal and type a few commands...

User avatar
Camble
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 2:31 am
Location: Scotland
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 487 times

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (PowerBoost Version) - Closed

Post by Camble » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:13 am

marcushg wrote:
Camble wrote:@marcushg https://github.com/Camble/Safe-Power-Monitor is unfinished and not guaranteed to work.

"crontab -r" will delete them all from startup and you can re-add the one you want.
Hi there, I have an SD image made with everything working as it should but im not longer using powerboost, so now everytime i power on my pi the script just tells me it is going to shutdown in 60secs because battery is really low. How can i uninstall the script quickly? it gives me just a few seconds to go to terminal and type a few commands...
Short BCM27 & BCM17 to 3.3v to bypass the shutdown command.

User avatar
SumCanadianGuy
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:37 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (PowerBoost Version) - Closed

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:26 am

Treguard wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a wiring diagram for this (assuming it'll be the same for v1.1 as v1.0?) using alongside Helders AIO 2.2 board?

Thanks in advance
I'd like to know this too. I Checked the whole thread and did a few in thread searches and didn't see anything. I have @Helders newest board, Powerboost 1000c, Pi Zero 1.2 and this switch.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest