[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Ganreizu

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [100% min order qtty reached!]

Post by Ganreizu » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:36 pm

Well now that it's a guaranteed order, even though I think a month wait time is pretty long, screw it GG+surround can't really be beat. Having trouble making my bezel look uniform and i don't really want to spray paint a surround to make it look nice. I'm in.

day

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [100% min order qtty reached!]

Post by day » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:25 pm

Onyx wrote:@day maybe I didn't saw it, but how thick is the surround/borders exactly?
if 'thick' as in large : it will be 2mm large, hence enough to cover the borders of the trimmed DMG case, and enough for you to apply resin, epoxy, glue, Octopus Glue, or some 1mm wide double sided layer adhesive :)
Ganreizu wrote:I'm in.
wouhouuu ! thanks for your order !

BlueberryPhazon

Post by BlueberryPhazon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:48 pm

@day That's cool with me. And I was thinking at work today that "Liquid-Crystal matrix with stereo sound" sounds a bit better to me. Maybe we could all throw out ideas and vote on them for a future design?

iSP

Post by iSP » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:20 pm

How about GameBrick? :P
The gameboy always felt "bricky" to me and by todays standards it's a true brick anyway.

incontrasttogray

Post by incontrasttogray » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Ganreizu wrote:Well now that it's a guaranteed order, even though I think a month wait time is pretty long, screw it GG+surround can't really be beat. Having trouble making my bezel look uniform and i don't really want to spray paint a surround to make it look nice. I'm in.

Working on a template for that bezel situation.
Hey Sudomodonites,
Aspiring industrial designer looking to make some modifications to the system housing.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:17 pm

incontrasttogray wrote:Working on a template for that bezel situation.
A sticker or a new screen? A sticker would be totally perfect; I was just going to use the blank one I got from you on a second build for my friend lol.

pixelplus

Re: [Pre-Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [~80% of min order qtty]

Post by pixelplus » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:57 am

day wrote:@pixelplus : First of all, thanks for your order ! I'll address this design question today by sending a mail to those who ordered and check if people have a clear image of what the design looks like. I am saying this because you might not be the only one thinking that the "GAME BOY ZERO" will have the same font as the "DOT MATRIX..." on the original Game Boy.

The design I am planning on doing will look like the Game Boy logo font, but written "GAME BOY ZERO", I thought it looked clear on the image but you are correct raising that point, thank you !

The text is not 100% white on the original DMG but this is due to the way it is silkscreened and with time I think it changed a bit but I will most probably use 100% white for the text as the result might look more 'fresh'.
Thats more than OK :) just read that you were gunning for the "original" feel and thought I pitch in some ideas. As it "only" is a 3d picture I just wanted to make sure if it was the final design or if changes would/could be made. I like it as it is so no worries :)
day wrote:@pixelplus : Also, the link you sent is not perfectly accurate in terms of dimensions, and reproduction. I am trying to be more accurate on that side, but agree that the font you mentionned would be more suited. I might use it for a second version with "DOT MATRIX WITH STEREO SOUND" text :) will update soon on that part.
agree! I only provided it for the font as I thought it looked really close to the original look and maybe could be of some help now or on future batches :)

day

Post by day » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:55 am

Quick update :

On Friday 7th October, 10pm UTC+2 time, I'll cut off the orders for this GG1b1 (design 1, batch 1).
I'll randomly draw/pick two lucky winners from the list of people who ordered and they will each get one "1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border protective screen" for free (I'll refund their pre-order money up to USD 29 each, i.e. one item each in case of multiple orders).

Thanks again for your trust !!

Jetpro

Re: [Order][Lucky draw] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [100% min order qtty reached!]

Post by Jetpro » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:54 am

Hello

Thanks for your good job

Ordered from PayPal

Thanks by advance

Regards

KB (France)

Joshimitsu91

Re: [Order][Lucky draw] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [100% min order qtty reached!]

Post by Joshimitsu91 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:59 am

Just placed my order! :D