[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Goose_box

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch 2 : 40 items left in stock]

Post by Goose_box » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:37 pm

smithincanton wrote:
anyone one who made an order prior to the cutoff date was automatically elligible for the draw.
@tehsoul and @smithincanton are the lucky ones....for this draw ;)

Thank you day!! I can't wait to get it in! It will have a place of honor in my ultimate Pi Boy build. The 640x480 screen is in Chicago so I should be getting that in a few days. I'm currently up in the air on what kind of case I'm going to use. First build was transparent blue, might go with old school gray this time.
If you want an old school grey one I have one laying around that I can sell to you. I was going to use it for my next build but I now have plans of finding a clean, green Play it Loud

smithincanton

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch 2 : 40 items left in stock]

Post by smithincanton » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:34 am

Goose_box wrote:
smithincanton wrote:
anyone one who made an order prior to the cutoff date was automatically elligible for the draw.
@tehsoul and @smithincanton are the lucky ones....for this draw ;)

Thank you day!! I can't wait to get it in! It will have a place of honor in my ultimate Pi Boy build. The 640x480 screen is in Chicago so I should be getting that in a few days. I'm currently up in the air on what kind of case I'm going to use. First build was transparent blue, might go with old school gray this time.
If you want an old school grey one I have one laying around that I can sell to you. I was going to use it for my next build but I now have plans of finding a clean, green Play it Loud
Na, that's ok. Thank you for the offer! I have a two not working (screen rot) and two kinda working original Gameboys I can use for parts if need be.

day

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch 2 : 20 items left in stock]

Post by day » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:25 am

Quick update :

Production is going on !
Currently glass is being cut to dimensions :
GG1b1-before-silkscreen.png
GG1b1-before-silkscreen.png (136.19 KiB) Viewed 9863 times
Once done it will be treated/process/cleaned.
Then silkscreen will be applied.
Then heated to fix it.
Then cleaned again and processed for better glass resistance.
Then tested.
Then shipped :)

Only few items still available for sale (that will be delivered to me same time as the others as I preordered them in advance)

Again, thank you for your time guys !!

AustenFM

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch 2 : 20 items left in stock]

Post by AustenFM » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:36 pm

Oh boy! These sound like they'll be amazing, dying to see how the screen printing looks. Once the voting goes up for the next variant im gonna click the 'dot matrix with stereo sound' option SO hard! Haha.

Great work, @Day!

day

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch 2 : 10 items left in stock]

Post by day » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:17 am

I am waiting for new pictures, next one should be with the silkscreen !
Will post it here as soon as I have them.

In the meantime, quick update :
Last items for sale, less than 10 available ! They are already in production as I am doing batch 1 and 2 together.

Thanks !!

EDIT :

Update October 19th :

GG1b1 & GG1b2 (see below for 'definition') are now out of stock. All items have been sold and are already under production and should be sent to me around October 28.

I will soon release the GG1b3 but it will need to reach a minimum order quantity prior to production. I will provide more details soon.
For that reason, I might directly launch the GG2b1 (new design 2, batch 1) very soon, please stay tuned.

Extra info : a GGBA1b1 (GBA edition) is under study and should be available for sale very soon as well.

deepReef@150m

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch1&2 OutOfStock] [more coming soon]

Post by deepReef@150m » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:27 pm

Any updates on these screens? Are they available for order now?

AustenFM

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch1&2 OutOfStock] [more coming soon]

Post by AustenFM » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:48 pm

deepReef@150m wrote:Any updates on these screens? Are they available for order now?
Looks like you missed out by a matter of hours. Currently sold out. These have been up for preorder for a few weeks now at least.

But worry not! @day will be making an announcement soon for a new batch, so stay tuned!

day

Post by day » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:53 am

@deepReef@150m hey ! yes as @AustenFM said, you missed them by few hours :( batch 1 & 2 are out of stock.
I want to open a batch 3 soon but as it would need a MOQ (min order qtty) of 100 and want to offer another design, I am thinking about what would be the best option. Still looking for different possibilities.

To all, quick update from my supplier:
The schedule is still on time, they will send them to me next week.
So I estimate the MAXIMUM shipping day to you guys by November 7 !! can't wait :D :D :D

At the moment they are mixing the ink and they will soon start printing. I will provide pictures as soon as I get some.
After that they will do ultrasonic cleaning, then inspection, testing and then packing for delivery.

b0b3rman

Post by b0b3rman » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:12 am

Damn I missed it :evil: . I really liked the design of the first batch, would be great if you make them again :roll: :roll: .

day

Post by day » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:42 am

b0b3rman wrote:Damn I missed it :evil: . I really liked the design of the first batch, would be great if you make them again :roll: :roll: .
I might open up GG1 again, but need to check the MOQ needed...will let you guys know as soon as I finish batch 1 and 2.

in the meantime, a quick update for you all about batch 1 and 2:

the gorilla glass are finished and have just been expedited to me ! now its waiting time ! cant wait to receive them, I hope they arrive here quickly so that I can ship them to you immediately !!!!
packed.jpg
packed.jpg (159.58 KiB) Viewed 9617 times
here is a 'final result' picture, taken by my supplier just before packing. will post better pictures as soon as I receive them !
gg-finished.jpg
gg-finished.jpg (29.1 KiB) Viewed 9617 times