[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Toxic_Zule

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch1&2 OutOfStock] [more coming soon]

Post by Toxic_Zule » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:53 am

AustenFM wrote:
Toxic_Zule wrote:Hey there, first off, these look really awesome so great job! I would like to pre-order some if you are still making more batches.
Worry not! Day will be opening another preorder before too long. If I'm not mistaken he'll open a poll to vote on the next design/text option. I imagine once that's decided there will be another preorder soon after! Just keep an eye on this thread~
Thanks for the heads up! I've been watching this and also Kite's AIO board as well for a little while but am not sure how things are going especially on Kites board. It's such an awesome product but I worry that it will not be available as it has been in the prototyping stage for a while now. I have my original GBO, which I got when it first came out when I was in the hospital as a child, is now dead so I want to breathe new life into it. His board along with this really great silkscreen glass will make it a super clean setup.

Juggler_Jouzu

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [batch1&2 OutOfStock] [more coming soon]

Post by Juggler_Jouzu » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:14 pm

I just wanna let you know that I got my Glass today and I am very happy with it.
It turned out there is a gap of about 0.5mm on each side. Maybe that is normal though.

Thanks a lot for the fast shipping to Germany.

iSP

Post by iSP » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:54 am

Juggler_Jouzu wrote:I just wanna let you know that I got my Glass today and I am very happy with it.
It turned out there is a gap of about 0.5mm on each side. Maybe that is normal though.

Thanks a lot for the fast shipping to Germany.

Got it in yesterday (NL), but no gap here. Keep in mind some aftermarket cases are not 100% Identical.
Here it's pretty much seamless and a nice close fit.

Goose_box

Post by Goose_box » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:51 am

Would anyone be able to tell me the width of the silkscreen border? I'd like to size up my cutting properly so I can mount my screen and not have to cut some more off the case when the glass gets here

Toxic_Zule

Post by Toxic_Zule » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:13 am

Honestly it might be best to wait till you get the screen. In general it's good to have parts on hand before doing something permanent. I haven't even touched my stuff until I get all the parts first. I want to make sure everything works and measures up so I can avoid any issues and if I do, I am not in the middle of building it.

AustenFM

Post by AustenFM » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:08 am

Toxic_Zule wrote:Thanks for the heads up! I've been watching this and also Kite's AIO board as well for a little while but am not sure how things are going especially on Kites board. It's such an awesome product but I worry that it will not be available as it has been in the prototyping stage for a while now. I have my original GBO, which I got when it first came out when I was in the hospital as a child, is now dead so I want to breathe new life into it. His board along with this really great silkscreen glass will make it a super clean setup.
Sounds like you and I are in the same boat! Been patiently awaiting Kites board since june/july, haha! But I have faith he'll come through soon enough. Between his board and the next batch of Days silkscreened gorillaglass (and maybe a 640x480 display beneath...) that will make for a hard to beat build!

Toxic_Zule

Post by Toxic_Zule » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:34 am

I'm trying to be patient especially for the higher resolution screen! My rig is still in boxes right now so I am getting pretty anxious to play something.

daboosa

Post by daboosa » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:07 am

Toxic_Zule wrote:I'm trying to be patient especially for the higher resolution screen! My rig is still in boxes right now so I am getting pretty anxious to play something.
What screen you getting?

Freiwilderer

Post by Freiwilderer » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:46 am

On my Original Gameboy case there is huge gape :(
I can't use this Glass :(

What can I do?
Attachments
IMG_1584.JPG
IMG_1584.JPG (1.21 MiB) Viewed 8825 times
IMG_1583.JPG
IMG_1583.JPG (565.52 KiB) Viewed 8825 times

Toxic_Zule

Post by Toxic_Zule » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:44 am

daboosa wrote:
Toxic_Zule wrote:I'm trying to be patient especially for the higher resolution screen! My rig is still in boxes right now so I am getting pretty anxious to play something.
What screen you getting?
I would like to get the 640x480 screen, idk manufacturers at the moment.