[FOR SALE] three gameboy zeros to sell, each with different options

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
blameblaine

[FOR SALE] three gameboy zeros to sell, each with different options

Post by blameblaine » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:50 pm

Hello community!

I have three gameboy zeros that I'm looking to sell. All three are slightly different as I've come a long way since building my first gameboy zero. Here are the differences:

$200 Original case (1st build): 2000 mAh battery, 320x240 screen, screen surround (plastic) from retrofresh.uk. This was my first build. They only issues with it is the screen. There is one dead pixel and the glue I used to place the screen surround is a little smeared around the edges. Other than that, this is my go to device. Very reliable with sound (little hissing) and controls.

(SOLD) $240 White case (4th build): 2500 mAh battery, 320x240 screen, screen surround (glass) bought original replacement and used razor to shape the edge. It's not straight, but I think it looks pretty good. This was my 4th build. Only issue is one of the buttons was not drilled straight, so you can see through the case slightly. The sound works well on this one and the device is really light since I was very efficient by my 4th build!

(SOLD) $350 Clear case(5th build): 4000 mAh battery, 640x480 screen, screen surround not shown but I ordered more from retrofresh.uk. Should be in soon! I wanted to go all out on this build by placing a 640x480 screen in it! It works great and looks really good!

Just some general notes:
- All of these devices come with the sd card inserted straight into the raspberry pi zero.
- The micro HDMI port was not my top priority in these builds. I had no intention of plugging the device into the TV. The reason you are building this device is to enjoy it as a handheld :P

OK! PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO ASK ANYTHING ABOUT ANY OF THESE DEVICES! IF YOU RESPOND TO THIS TOPIC OR PM ME DIRECTLY I WILL SEND MORE PICTURES OF THE ONE YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AND ALSO SEND A VIDEO EXPLAINING WHAT'S IN IT AND SHOWING YOU AROUND :)

I'VE SOLD A COUPLE ON EBAY SO FAR username: bn_george AND PEOPLE ARE HAPPY ABOUT THEM. I WILL HOLD OFF ON PUTTING THESE UP ON EBAY UNTIL I HEAR FROM THE SUDOMOD COMMUNITY. THANKS!
Attachments
20170127_074534.jpg
20170127_074534.jpg (3.6 MiB) Viewed 11112 times
Last edited by blameblaine on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

kamon

Re: [FOR SALE] three gameboy zeros to sell, each with different options

Post by kamon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:43 pm

Love your builds, very clean!

I'm building my own, so not exactly interested in buying them, but I do have a question for you that I'm hoping you could answer.

How wide is the border on retrofresh's screens?
Kitcsh Bent's is a bit too thin for my current build(edges are pretty wonked and screen is already glued in).
Hoping retrofresh's is a bit wider :D.

Also, what was your process for scraping off the paint from the original DMG glass screen?
May have to resort for that.

Thanks in advance!

blameblaine

Post by blameblaine » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:22 pm

kamon wrote:Love your builds, very clean!

I'm building my own, so not exactly interested in buying them, but I do have a question for you that I'm hoping you could answer.

How wide is the border on retrofresh's screens?
Kitcsh Bent's is a bit too thin for my current build(edges are pretty wonked and screen is already glued in).
Hoping retrofresh's is a bit wider :D.

Also, what was your process for scraping off the paint from the original DMG glass screen?
May have to resort for that.

Thanks in advance!
@kamon

Hey! Thanks a lot!

I understand everything you are going through. It's hard to find the perfect screen! I love the way retrofresh looks and the way it fits. It's pretty much perfect, at least I think. Let me add a picture of the retrofresh close up so you can can take a closer look in real world.

Answering your second question, I used these in the link below to scrape the border from the glass. It worked out OK, but I wouldn't suggest it. It's really time consuming and not that straight, which can drive you paranoid!

Stanley 28-100 1-3/16" High Visibility Mini Razor blade scraper (2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WVMVY0K/re ... ccmrG9WZce

If you like the retrofresh screen I'm taking a picture of, you can buy that one off me. I can get it to you fast. I'm ordering some more from retrofresh, and it does take a week or two since it's from the UK.

kamon

Post by kamon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks for the info :D!

Most likely would be interested in the screen!
Can I get a better picture as well as a measurement of the screen border?

kamon

Post by kamon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 pm

@blameblaine Bump! :)

blameblaine

Post by blameblaine » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:35 pm

kamon wrote:@blameblaine Bump! :)
@kamon

Sorry! I'll get you those measurements tonight.

kamon

Post by kamon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Haha, no worries! I miss replies to my posts all of the time, so wanted to make sure you got mine. Sorry for being a pest! Thanks!

blameblaine

Post by blameblaine » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:23 pm

kamon wrote:Haha, no worries! I miss replies to my posts all of the time, so wanted to make sure you got mine. Sorry for being a pest! Thanks!
@kamon

So sorry for getting back to you so late! Here is an image. I didn't have anything close to me to measure, so I put up a dime close to the edge, so you can get a reference. Hope this helps, and I do have one extra if wanted!
Attachments
20170205_232200.jpg
20170205_232200.jpg (3.04 MiB) Viewed 10680 times

kamon

Post by kamon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:55 am

@blameblaine

Thank you!
Hmm, think that may work.
How much were you looking(including shipping), for the screen?

blameblaine

Post by blameblaine » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:30 pm

@kamon

I'll just charge what I paid for it. Let me see what I paid for it. How fast would you like it? I could do flat rate usps so it gets to you fast or just send it snail mail which would be cheap :)

I'll give you more specifics tonight on the price.