[Sold Out] Safe Shutdown v1.0 for BangGood/GearBest/Generic power Supply

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
VeteranGamer

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.0 for BangGood/GearBest/Generic power Supply

Post by VeteranGamer » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:48 pm

moosethemucha wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:41 pm
I've got an issue with my safe shutdown device. This isn't a warranty request as I've probably damaged the board - I've lost a couple pads (which I've traced) and pretty sure I shorted something and broke it.

i don't really get what your trying to achieve, especially how you've managed to butcher your safe shutdown board....
(the board doesn't need to be touched)

it might help if you show what you've actually done....

rather than trying to source components, i would recommend buying another one of camble safe shutdown boards and try again......

also the diagram you've linked is not correct, if you read the full post an updated diagram is posted......

moosethemucha

Post by moosethemucha » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:39 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:48 pm
i don't really get what your trying to achieve, especially how you've managed to butcher your safe shutdown board....
(the board doesn't need to be touched)
Basically I want a script/application that will handle both HoolyHoo's battery indicator and Camble's safeshutdown plus anything else I want to add to it. I've done a rewrite of HoolyHoo's code. Firstly I wanted to thank both Camble and HoolyHoo for all there work - although this is a rewrite of HoolyHoo's code alot of what he did is there so thank you I couldn't have done it without you.

https://github.com/thomascrha/BatteryMonitor

My script has several features which I wanted :
  • Daemonised - has a daemon base class that allows POSIX standard Daemon (start|stop|restart|status)
  • Single location for Config
  • More unified code - a more coherent method for displaying the icon file - rather than having two scripts communicating via an open
  • Rather than toggling the icon I've got it stet up on a timer - but will be configurable to be a toggle
  • As the value changes and it cycles through the percent range it will display the icon i.e. if it was 75% and it drops to 50% the indicator will display the 50% icon
Now this is a work in progress and still needs alot of work; things I want to add ASAP.
  • Dynamic Button Config - config buttons in config i.e. presses or held, hold time, GPIO pin, associated function (currently shutdown or monitor)
  • Create init.d script to tie into Debians services
  • Integrate Cambles code base into this allowing configuration and use of Cambles SafeShutdown board.
  • Create a Install script
  • Documentation
For any ideas please create an issue.

I'm going to create a seperate support thread and post once I've completed the Camble SafeShutdown integration explaining all the features and a how-to.
VeteranGamer wrote:
also the diagram you've linked is not correct, if you read the full post an updated diagram is posted......
Which diagram the HoolyHoo wiring diagram for the ADS ? Thats the one I used for my ADS setup and integration into BatteryMonitor.

The diagrams I used for wiring up are:
In Cambles Original Post
The one you created

I also tried to have it hooked up with no GPIO
with no luck also tried this

The only difference between the wiring is yours has the V+ and V- the other way round (if you follow the picture to a letter)
VeteranGamer wrote:
it might help if you show what you've actually done....
I totally agree - I don't currently have the board wired but I'm going to try again today and see if I can get it working - that way I can continue on dev of the integration of the SafeShutdown stuff. Once I have the board wired I'll post some pics.

If I cant get this working I've already ordered a new one so I can continue.

On an unrelated note has anyone experienced some weird behaviour with the BangGood Power Supply ?
Basically if I have the battery disconnected for a period of time or the device is off, it wont turn on until I plug in the charging cable. I caught this the other day and tested the voltage coming of the PowerSupply - 0.5V but as soon as I plugged in the Charging cable it shot up to 5v ?

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Sorry for the noob question,I'm new here...are these boards still available for sell?

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:08 am

Merlin wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:11 pm
Sorry for the noob question,I'm new here...are these boards still available for sell?
if anything still has [For Sale] on it, assume its still available....
(once something is Sold, Sold Out it gets moved to another section)

and the best way of knowing is to click the Paypal link on the first page
(be quick sometimes these things sell out quick)

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:00 pm

Good tip,ok,the link is working,I just ordered!

Glyph

Post by Glyph » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:49 am

Hello !
I ordered 1 board last week. No news since, I hope everything is ok :)
Thanks you

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:51 pm

Same here,don't worry,I received delivery notification mail 8 days after purchase.However if you have info/questions you can mail Camble directly.

rakoilo

Post by rakoilo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:16 am

Hello everybody,
I've just signed up because I want to build a GBZ and need some info about the shutdown process.
I'm interested in this board to use it with a generic boost power supply but I want to know how exactly this works because I will use an orange instead of a raspberry (I have a few spares).
I see a part on the board labeled Q1. Is this A P-mosfet? Could I find its datasheet?

As far as I can understand, [off] pin is an output and sends the signal on the Pi to shutdown.
[Low] is also an output and sends the signal when the battery becomes low.
What's the purpose of the [on] pin? Is this an input? Does this becomes low after the shutdown process so the board will cut the power through the mosfet?

Thank you

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:21 am

I received my Safe Shutdown board,I installed the script and it works.
I haven't changed anything in the script,I only setted "AdafruitPowerBoost = False"
But I have an issue!
I don't understand why I can't see the low battery alert and/or countdown for shutdown.
Everytime when battery goes low,I don't notice it and then system slows down fearfully!
I looked in the forum but I didn't fint an answer!
I think it's the same issue reported from Vamuss in the previous page.
Any help?

djvoodoo

Post by djvoodoo » Wed May 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Doing my first build :shock: so purchased one of these boards hope its easy to get going lol