[WANTED] JP2 connector that fits the Powerboost battery port

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Popcorn
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: [WANTED] JP2 connector that fits the Powerboost battery port

Post by Popcorn » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:47 am

Fleder wrote:
Popcorn wrote:I got my battery connectors coming to me thanks to [mention]Thijs852[/mention]. So this thread no longer applies (at least to me)
Watch out for the right polarity, though :)
Thanks! Yep, mos def gonna multimeter up those bad boys large 8-)

Popcorn
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Popcorn » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:46 am

I just confirmed that these JP2 connectors are indeed wired the wrong way around. Please be sure to multimeter to be 100%. You should insert the connector into the powerboost and multimeter from the BATT pin on the powerboost to the ends of the wire. Whichever one has connectivity on BATT is the live wire. The other is ground obvs.

You can release the wired pins from the connector. You take a vice grip to hold the jp2 connector by the sides. Then take a thin slotted flat screwdriver and insert and bend the plastic clips on the top insert part. Bend it back carefully as if you bend too far, the plastic tabs will break and then the jp2 connector will be useless. Once you are bending it back, you can gently pull the wires out. Then reverse them the proper way. OR remove the metal clip and place it directly on the battery wire, which is what I'm doing.

Camble

Post by Camble » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:43 am

While these connectors are great, can I just point out that the wire gauge that comes with then is 26 AWG. This is thinner than most people are using for power. It's thinner than the 24 AWG wire from my CAT5 cable.

Zeke2040

Post by Zeke2040 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:44 am

For those of you still looking for male connectors to hook up to a battery, I ordered these from Amazon (Saim's Store as seller) with prime shipping. They fit, and are 24AWG- which seems to be a great thickness for their purpose. I also confirmed they fit in the powerboost without issue, though a little snug to remove on the first try (could be a good thing). I have not yet confirmed the polarity is correct, so always double check if you purchase.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OK ... UTF8&psc=1

Camble

Post by Camble » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:58 am

Zeke2040 wrote:For those of you still looking for male connectors to hook up to a battery, I ordered these from Amazon (Saim's Store as seller) with prime shipping. They fit, and are 24AWG- which seems to be a great thickness for their purpose. I also confirmed they fit in the powerboost without issue, though a little snug to remove on the first try (could be a good thing). I have not yet confirmed the polarity is correct, so always double check if you purchase.

That is most definitely a female connector. But good find.

Zeke2040

Post by Zeke2040 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:35 pm

Camble wrote:
Zeke2040 wrote:For those of you still looking for male connectors to hook up to a battery, I ordered these from Amazon (Saim's Store as seller) with prime shipping. They fit, and are 24AWG- which seems to be a great thickness for their purpose. I also confirmed they fit in the powerboost without issue, though a little snug to remove on the first try (could be a good thing). I have not yet confirmed the polarity is correct, so always double check if you purchase.

That is most definitely a female connector. But good find.
Hmmm, maybe the link is not directing correctly. The page I intended to link is for a 50 pack of 24AWG male JST connectors. I attached one to a battery I purchased that did not have a connector and it fits into the female connector on the powerboost.

Camble

Post by Camble » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:55 am

Zeke2040 wrote: Hmmm, maybe the link is not directing correctly. The page I intended to link is for a 50 pack of 24AWG male JST connectors. I attached one to a battery I purchased that did not have a connector and it fits into the female connector on the powerboost.
Isn't the Powerboost's connector a male plug? I think these are the correct cables, but you're mixing up the two.

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:06 am

Camble wrote:Isn't the Powerboost's connector a male plug? I think these are the correct cables, but you're mixing up the two.
My PowerBoost 1000 Charger from Adafruit has got 2 pins. The Plug i attached to my battery has got 2 holes, but it is a male plug with 2 holes and the charger has got 2 pins in a hole kind of thing.

I think this is where the confusion comes from.
If you consider power plugs the powerboost is male and the plug for the battery is female, despite their appearance and that the female is put into the male connector hole :)

Zeke2040

Post by Zeke2040 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Fleder wrote:
Camble wrote:Isn't the Powerboost's connector a male plug? I think these are the correct cables, but you're mixing up the two.
My PowerBoost 1000 Charger from Adafruit has got 2 pins. The Plug i attached to my battery has got 2 holes, but it is a male plug with 2 holes and the charger has got 2 pins in a hole kind of thing.

I think this is where the confusion comes from.
If you consider power plugs the powerboost is male and the plug for the battery is female, despite their appearance and that the female is put into the male connector hole :)
I see what you are saying, and it makes sense. I just went with the logic that since the plug as a whole went inside, it was male. Thanks for clarifying. In any case, those fit if anyone needs some quickly from Amazon. :)