[FOR SALE] microSD-to-Cartridge Breakout Boards aka 'kk_gb_zero' [WORLDWIDE]

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Barbosik

Re: [FOR SALE] microSD-to-Cartridge Breakout Boards aka 'kk_gb_zero' [WORLDWIDE]

Post by Barbosik » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:09 am

i read part 5 of wermy's guide and will test another sd card.

day

Re: [FOR SALE] microSD-to-Cartridge Breakout Boards aka 'kk_gb_zero' [WORLDWIDE]

Post by day » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:32 am

any way of making a group order to europe, or buying this from another source ? shipping cost are way too high for me :(

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:07 pm

day wrote:any way of making a group order to europe, or buying this from another source ? shipping cost are way too high for me :(
there was a recent group order sent to the Netherlands, so its certainly possible! I don't mind if you use this thread to orchestrate that, or create another, and I'm happy to help out if I'm at all able. unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about the USPS shipping rates, but in terms of helping organize the group order (like bagging parts inside the package into the smaller orders) i'm happy to oblige
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

(^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^) >*(^_^)*< (^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^)

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:11 pm

day wrote:
RetroGamingNow wrote:Prob another silly question but what is the difference in buying it with the decoupling capacitors vs without?
not *really* required here but they would "help prevent power fluctuations and makes the reading/writing more stable (at least in theory)" (quoting IAmOrion). doesn't cost much to add them.

Got some questions as well :

1) the fully assembled (full front shells) comes with the cartridge shells, right ? (just checking)

2) while looking at the wiring picture here I was wondering if we would still need the "cartridge reader" part ?

3) rev c has same wiring as pictures from above link ? if not, can you please post the correct thing to wire once we get rev c ?

4) anyone in France or Luxembourg to group order ?

thanks !
decoupling caps are not required at all. the leads aren't long enough to mandate them in this application, but... they are a very cheap part and easy to solder so i've updated versions B and C to accomodate. I've got like... 4 more ver. A boards left, and then the next batch of those will have them added too. but, totally not a requirement. a precaution, at most.

in regards to your questions...

yes, the fully-assembled comes with the cartridge shell.

I'm thinking by 'cartridge reader' you are referencing the edge connector which the cartridge plugs in to? yes, you will need that to build the mod as-is. i suppose you could bypass it, but then you wouldn't get that cool, retro effect of having a cartridge you can pull in and out and insert.

yes, rev. C had the exact same pinout as the others. all revisions are the same, I chose the pinout purposefully and its worked well without any interference so far. haven't gotten any 'bad' feedback so far apart from some confusion in how to wire it up...

group orders are no issue! go for it... and, if I can assist in some way, let me know...
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:15 pm

RetroGamingNow wrote:Prob another silly question but what is the difference in buying it with the decoupling capacitors vs without?
comfort, basically. they are not a requirement. but, they don't hurt, are cheap and easy to add, so I'm revising the designs as a re-order to include them just to ease peoples minds about the cartridges. but, without them, I've had no issue and have had no feedback of any issue at all on the ones without them. and, there are a whole whole whole lot of these carts out in the world at this point.... so, i'd rest assured the versions without them are just fine.

but, like i said, cheap and easy to add, and they can't hurt, so go for it! even if its just for an eased mind, i guess its worth it :)

Mazzinator

Post by Mazzinator » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:13 am

I like to take part on a group-buying-shipping-costs-decreasing thing.
Germany or Netherlands would be fine for me.
Is there someone to organise this?

BadBert

Post by BadBert » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:11 pm

Today i received my rev c cartridge board from Rob, who ordered it for me at kitchbent.
Looks awsome!
My first GBZ build -=HERE=- -> Became a gift to my little brother!
My 2nd GBZ build -=WIP HERE=- -> going with HDMI!

Spaddel

Post by Spaddel » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:37 am

Mazzinator wrote:I like to take part on a group-buying-shipping-costs-decreasing thing.
Germany or Netherlands would be fine for me.
Is there someone to organise this?
Since I'd like to have one myself, I would do this.
So, is anyone else in for a group-order? :D Since I live in germany, the shipping-costs would be
- for germany: 0,90€ (Warensendung, no insurance) + a part of the international shipping-costs to from US to me
- rest of eu: 3,20€ (Warenbrief international, no insurance) + a part of the international shipping-costs from US to me
I will be collecting orders until Sunday, 2016/09/04 and order on Monday.

For payments I would like to use PayPal - addresses via PN please.

I will use this post for any Updates about the order.

Participants so far:
- me 8-)
- Mazzinator
- spacegravy
Last edited by Spaddel on Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mazzinator

Post by Mazzinator » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:27 pm

And me :D

Spaddel

Post by Spaddel » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:13 am

Anyone else in Europe who needs this? I'm going to do a group-order to germany tomorrow :!: