[ARCHIVE] #4

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Seye

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Kite's Circuit Sword (Original) Pre-Order Thread (#4) (CM3!) - OPEN

Post by Seye » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:49 am

This is brilliant been seen this bad boys around online wishing I had soldering skills but with this bad boy! I can make mine in no time, manh Kite's Circuit Sword you are god sent!!!

markolomew

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Kite's Circuit Sword (Original) Pre-Order Thread (#4) (CM3!) - OPEN

Post by markolomew » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:55 am

Kite,
How will the new-style Volume Control function then now that the dial has been taken out? It's listed as "Mode + Left/Right" for volume control, but at what point in the boot up sequence will this start working (i.e. after the custom splash screen animation, immediately, etc)?

Many times with my old GBZ, if I'd need to mute the intro animation music, I would just turn down the volume dial and the volume would instantly up or down with the dial. Now that the volume control has been moved to the Mode button functions, will this function the same as with the manual dial (i.e. immediately on boot), or will the music just have to play until the Mode button functions are initiated later in the boot sequence?
Check out my builds: Click Here
Free .STL files for 3DS/PSP joystick cap mashup: Click Here
Check out my store, 8bitmark.com: Click Here

Cfink

Post by Cfink » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 am

ordered mine! thanks kite!

Nuar

Post by Nuar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 am

Order placed! Price tag was a bit tough to swallow, but I am NOT missing this opportunity!

Billy Blaze

Post by Billy Blaze » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:14 am

CM3?
I'm in!

d4vid4f

Post by d4vid4f » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:15 am

Just ordered 2! Oh man I am excited!
Always be Humble...

kite

Post by kite » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:18 am

MiL0 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:37 am
This is amazing!

But please please please can you keep the preorders open until the last day of the month? Many of us get paid then, so I'm guessing you'll get a few more orders if you can wait a couple of days extra?
I've extended it for you :)
markolomew wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:55 am
Kite,
How will the new-style Volume Control function then now that the dial has been taken out? It's listed as "Mode + Left/Right" for volume control, but at what point in the boot up sequence will this start working (i.e. after the custom splash screen animation, immediately, etc)?

Many times with my old GBZ, if I'd need to mute the intro animation music, I would just turn down the volume dial and the volume would instantly up or down with the dial. Now that the volume control has been moved to the Mode button functions, will this function the same as with the manual dial (i.e. immediately on boot), or will the music just have to play until the Mode button functions are initiated later in the boot sequence?
Great question! The volume control is handled by the ATMEGA, so it means at ANY POINT that the ATMEGA is running can you do the combo and it will action it. There isn't a point where it won't happen so even during boot or even with the compute module removed you can adjust the volume! There is actually a digital potentiometer on the board that allows this to happen ;)
Nuar wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 am
Order placed! Price tag was a bit tough to swallow, but I am NOT missing this opportunity!
I doubt you'll be the first to comment on price but it does include the Pi 3 module itself and it costs more to manufacture due to more pins that need soldering (i'm charged by the pin! and the module slot alone adds 200 pins!) so the increase in price is purely to cover those bits only! If you compare it to trying to do a "pi3" build, which was SAIO (£80) + Adapter (£10) + PI3 (£35 + postage) + HOURS of soldering a cutting up the Pi.. at best case that's £125 but if you broke the Pi and bought another that is £160 .. so it's actually cheaper, and you get more value from it :) it's always been a premium product and I stand by the quality and engineering in it ;)
Last edited by kite on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eccho

Post by Eccho » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:19 am

The magician.

Seye

Post by Seye » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:41 am

Order placed....am so excited!!! :)

KillFace

Post by KillFace » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:44 am

Sooooo happy right now! Ordering first, asking forgiveness from wife second!