[ARCHIVE] #4

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
YaYa

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Kite's Circuit Sword (Original) Pre-Order Thread (#4) (CM3!) - OPEN

Post by YaYa » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:22 am

Kite, why don’t you use the non lite version... it’s only 5$ more and let us have 4Gb for the system

markolomew

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Kite's Circuit Sword (Original) Pre-Order Thread (#4) (CM3!) - OPEN

Post by markolomew » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:25 am

On second glance, I just noticed this isn't running with a Raspberry Pi Zero? I'm not really aware of the CM3, so Question (and I already think I know the answer), but does this new PCB render my backup SD cards from my GBZ from the last generation useless with this board? I'm really hoping not to have to re-tweak all that software setup, Rom/Scrapes, etc.
Check out my builds: Click Here
Free .STL files for 3DS/PSP joystick cap mashup: Click Here
Check out my store, 8bitmark.com: Click Here

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:57 am

YaYa wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:22 am
Kite, why don’t you use the non lite version... it’s only 5$ more and let us have 4Gb for the system
YaYa, the CM3Lite allows you to use additional flash storage (SD card) whereas with the non lite version you can only use the storage available on the chip.

malak

Post by malak » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:59 am

Ordered, thanks so much. Btw I'd have happily paid a few quid more for a suitable heatsink with the fan - any recommendations for that?

kite

Post by kite » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 am

YaYa wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:03 am
What are the 4 DIP switches that we see in the battery tray for ?
They control what the USB C port does..

- All switches off = USB C charging only (pi is connected to HUB)
- HUB enabled = USB C is now connected to the HUB (so your PC will see "HUB + ARDUINO + USB DAC")
- PI PASSTHROUGH = USB C is now connected to the PI (this is used with the bootloader switch to enable writing to the flash of the 'non-lite' CM3, but also with the CM3Lite it will appear as a USB SD card)
- BOOTLOADER ENABLE = The Pi is put into bootloader mode, with the "rpi-boot" tool (search on raspberrypi website) it allows you to mount the SD on a PC for flashing (meant for the non-lite CM3)
- 4th switch is not used.. BUT it's called "USB-SD-ENABLE" .. at the top of the CM3 you'll see an area without a chip, this chip is a USB-SD reader.. and that switch toggles it ON or OFF .. the idea was that if you used the "non-lite" CM3, you could have the SD in the slot and it appear as a USB SD card! However I think it's MUCH more flexible and easier to just use one SD and use the cheaper LITE CM3, because as mentioned you can get more storage space easier! ALSO that USB SD chip was very power hungry..

I plan to document with pictures what mode you should do for what
Brag0n wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:05 am
I'm IN!
Quick question though!
I can see that you've carved out the back, where the cartridge sits.. is this needed for this build or was that from the pi3?
The carving is not necessary! This is the same case I did my Pi3 build with. There isn't much carving needed really unless you want to of course. Nothing hits with anything on either side of the cases as stock!
YaYa wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:22 am
4GB isn't much and also means i'd need to populate a USB-SD reader.. it would bump the price up further and felt it not necessary for 99% of people!
malak wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:59 am
Ordered, thanks so much. Btw I'd have happily paid a few quid more for a suitable heatsink with the fan - any recommendations for that?
Good point I'll look in to it, would be nice to include one with the kit anyway! Google "ram chip heatsink" as any that are designed for graphics cards work well! I just used 2x really basic aluminium ones..

I have a few 'extras' planned to include with the kits anyway but not announcing here yet as i don't want to promise if it ends up not being possible.. so i'll add this to that list and there is a chance to add one ;) you can run it without a heatsink for a while anyway it's not like running a PC CPU without the heatsink (which would die in not long at all..)

malak

Post by malak » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:15 am

Aces, thanks sir!

muell

Post by muell » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 am

I just pre-ordered but I think I need to cancel. Its just a bad time financially for me to spend this. Is there a way I can cancel or do I need to contact kite for a refund?

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 am

muell wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 am
I just pre-ordered but I think I need to cancel. Its just a bad time financially for me to spend this. Is there a way I can cancel or do I need to contact kite for a refund?
Send Kite a PM with your PayPal address. He'll cancel the order and issue a refund.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:24 am

I have now a definition for the word genius... Kite :lol:

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:30 am

I mentioned this on Discord, but I'll mention this here as well. Kite moved the audio chip to the other side of the board so now you'll be able to fit the 2nd joystick in the lower left hand corner of the case properly! Kite also added solder pads to that part of the board so you can wire them up easily as well.

Bravo! You've officially blown my mind with this one.