[FOR SALE] Clear Glass Screen Protectors [WORLDWIDE]

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
kitsch-bent

[FOR SALE] Clear Glass Screen Protectors [WORLDWIDE]

Post by kitsch-bent » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:26 pm

they showed up today! woohoo!!!

the ones without adhesive are actually sort of wonderful to hold. the ones with adhesive too, i mean... they are made from the same stuff just sticky in the adhesive part, but the edge and everything about them is done really well. i'm quite satisfied. they turned out super nice, nicer than the sample. i suppose the use of a more precise machine for the production run vs. the samples.... i dunno...

the adhesive ones have nice 3M brand adhesive for a good, strong hold.

anywho.... don't have a picture because taking a picture of clear glass ended up being sort of problematic (who knew!), but they are just like the others... sans any sort of text/graphics/etc

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/gl ... nt-screens

g0g0g0g0!
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

(^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^) >*(^_^)*< (^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^)

kitsch-bent

Re: [FOR SALE] Clear Glass Screen Protectors [WORLDWIDE]

Post by kitsch-bent » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:28 pm

PM me if interested in squared ones, not in the original shape/style. if I get enough PMs I'll do a run of those. thanks!

i'm just not sure how many of you are going through the trouble of cutting your cases in this manner.
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:05 pm

Bought two. Excited to have these.

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:12 pm

Kilren wrote:Bought two. Excited to have these.
i really hope you'll like them. I'm curious about how folks are adhering them to the case without the adhesive like normal (what works best?)... perhaps there will be a nice solution which lends itself an option in the product development (that is worded strangely, but go with it...). like.... super thin adhesive strips or some-such...

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:01 pm

kitsch-bent wrote:
Kilren wrote:Bought two. Excited to have these.
i really hope you'll like them. I'm curious about how folks are adhering them to the case without the adhesive like normal (what works best?)... perhaps there will be a nice solution which lends itself an option in the product development (that is worded strangely, but go with it...). like.... super thin adhesive strips or some-such...
Personally, I'll probably try using CA glue. It's a woodworking glue (though not necessarily there alone) that is pretty much a more watery and faster drying super glue. I'm thinking of using that because it should be virtually indistinguishable

I also left a 1-2mm bezel

Mad_Duke

Post by Mad_Duke » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:58 am

kitsch-bent wrote:they showed up today! woohoo!!!

Hi!

Awesome news. Just one question. For these small things and for like ordering two of screen protectors is it necessary to have international shippingat 14USD? :) It's not an attack or anything. I just want to know the answer because these look like something you can put in an envelope without tracking and that's it :)

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:37 am

Mad_Duke wrote:
kitsch-bent wrote:they showed up today! woohoo!!!

Hi!

Awesome news. Just one question. For these small things and for like ordering two of screen protectors is it necessary to have international shippingat 14USD? :) It's not an attack or anything. I just want to know the answer because these look like something you can put in an envelope without tracking and that's it :)
if I sent them in a letter they would arrive broken into tiny little sharp pieces. or some amount of pieces. they would most certainly get broken.

I send them in a bubble mailer, and for the ones without adhesive they will be sent in a piece of cardboard to be a little stronger. the ones with adhesive hold up slightly better because the 3M adhesive glue backing material.

the USPS sets the rate for First Class International Package. There is a cheaper first class rate, which is for letters/documents, which I've tried to use in the past but after having packages rejected in customs sorting and talking with the postal manager at the office, because they are rigid items (still flat, but not like letters or documents), I must use the 'Package' rate for shipping.

so, in short: I don't set the shipping rate, but to use the First Class International Package rate I need to collect the amount it costs to send this way. which is ~14 USD. there is a very slight variance between countries, of cents, I've noticed. This is the base rate price up to 8 or 9 ounces, then it jumps to the next rate level (which is ~21 USD).

Sorry....

But, of course, if you want me to just throw it into a paper envelope and mail it like its a letter, I'd be willing to do that if you're also willing to make a statement in the order that any damage caused during shipping is OK and you are taking the chance. Otherwise, I'm responsible when an item arrives broken...

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:42 am

kite wrote:Do you have a picture of the clear ones? And also the square ones? I'd be interested in one of each.. by clear you mean literally a piece of glass? No sticker or anything on right?
i tried to take pictures. but taking pictures of something which is totally clear turned out to be a waste of time. you couldn't really see it.

the clear ones with adhesive are just like the others. except, the colored border is gone. the adhesive is on them in the same place though, to hold it to the plastic shell.

the clear ones withOUT adhesive are the same shape, but nothing else. no colors, no text, no graphics, no adhesive. literally a cut piece of glass which is appropriately thick.

i don't have the squared ones done yet, I'm trying to gauge interest here before doing a run of those so I'm not left with too much leftover stock. so, would you be interested in that type?

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:34 am

kite wrote:
kitsch-bent wrote:
kite wrote:Do you have a picture of the clear ones? And also the square ones? I'd be interested in one of each.. by clear you mean literally a piece of glass? No sticker or anything on right?
i tried to take pictures. but taking pictures of something which is totally clear turned out to be a waste of time. you couldn't really see it.

the clear ones with adhesive are just like the others. except, the colored border is gone. the adhesive is on them in the same place though, to hold it to the plastic shell.

the clear ones withOUT adhesive are the same shape, but nothing else. no colors, no text, no graphics, no adhesive. literally a cut piece of glass which is appropriately thick.

i don't have the squared ones done yet, I'm trying to gauge interest here before doing a run of those so I'm not left with too much leftover stock. so, would you be interested in that type?
Totally makes sense about the clear stuff, that answered my question about it being completely clear :) Are you thinking about a custom thin border for them? This would be specifically got the GBZ style of projects where ideally we need a glass screen with a thin (2-3mm?) black border around the edge, to hide the 'lip' when mounting a 3.5" LCD.. very specific I know, but worth asking :) There is another user who is making some stickers like this so the two sound perfect for each other.

While I get the rounded bottom right corner, it does look a bit odd when it cuts off the corner of the large 3.5" LCD! I would prefer a square, and again a thin black border (I have plans to experiment with tape and spray paint, a very thin layer might work but would be even better to have the proper sticker/paint on in the first place :P). The square one being even more niche because it would assume people would cut away the rounded corner, I totally get where you are coming from.. Thanks for responding so quickly :)
thats a good idea...... a squared one with a 2-3mm border, i mean.

hmmmmmm, i wonder what the best way to go about getting a poll or concensus of ideas for this might be. the manufacturer i use is excellent, and easy to work with, and has a good turnaround time, so it wouldn't be that big an issue.

but, i'l like to come up with a more 'standardized' approach and offer this to the community at large.

got an idea on how to go about doing that? i'm not sure the best way to poll this community might be... and, it can be exact. 1mm border, 2mm, 3mm, or 1.5, 2.75mm, whatever..... with a corresponding adhesive on the back to match as well.

thoughts?

gnarlynick

Post by gnarlynick » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:31 pm

What does the adhesive look like on the clear ones? I assume you can see it from the other side without a bezel in the glass. I'm on board but am stuck on deciding whether to get one without adhesive and probably use a really thin black double sided adhesive to make it look nice from the other side or if the ones with adhesive on them look good.